Saturday Snapshot:: My Patient Teacher

 It's Saturday yet again, and you know what that means! I'm linking up with my sweet friend, Kim of Yellow Songbird for Saturday Snapshot!

I miss Chris. These Saturday Snapshots have me browsing through my iPhoto archives and seeing so many pictures of us together makes me miss him even more. This photo is from the winter of 2007, on my first ever snowboarding trip in Pennsylvania.


Chris loves anything that involves a little adventure. Cliff diving off of 50 foot cliffs, surfing the big waves, attempting flips on his wakeboard. When he was a teen, he got a concussion and hurt his arm after attempting a flip on his snowboard. 

But when it comes to teaching me a new skill, he is always so incredibly patient, a gentle teacher. Even though he could easily have sailed down the Black Diamond slopes, he stuck by my side the entire afternoon, even laying beside me in the snow for a breather when my knees started to hurt from falling so much and I was getting frustrated. 

I love the memories this picture brings back of that chilly afternoon, my patient husband and the souvenir of bruised knees.

Also, holy cow, my hair was long.

Comments

  1. Yes holy cow your hair was long!! But what great memories of a very loving and patient husband you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story! Your husband sounds like he would get along great with mine (always looking for adventure!) and he's been a patient teacher showing me how to wakeboard and snow ski too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that about your hair too!! Glad he stuck by your side through all the falling and bruising :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that must one of the first things people notice, your super long hair. I wouldn't mind taking a break from Michigan winters. But Christmas time their nice. I don't ski, I'd probably kill myself. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I have so many self-shots from the era before kids. We need to start taking those again. Sweet pic of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hair is so long! holy moly! what a great picture of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) and :( I got a little teary just thinking about how much you miss him - I miss Beau when he's at work every day, and that's only 8 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was gonna say the same thing...that hair is LONG! what made you cut it?
    also, such a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet story! Sounds like you have a keeper :) And your hair is so pretty long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang, your hair is long! I love it short, though. It's so you. Confession: I've lived in MN for 10 years and have never snowboarded in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoa girl! your hair WAS long~!! awww what a sweet post dedicated to your teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet post! Oh, and your hair was SO long! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet =-) I can't believe how long your hair is in this pic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how this photo brought back a lot off good memories for you, even though you miss him more when you look at it. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, that's so sweet. You two sure are a cute couple! I can only imagine how patient a 'teacher' (let alone me!) would have to be while learning to snowboard! Crazy! haha. I'm sorry you miss your hubby so much! Hopefully you'll be so busy this week you won't dwell on it toooooo much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! You look so different with long hair! So great to hit the slopes with someone you love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts