[over the weekend] Chowing Down at Opal's

 






I drove up to the North Shore with my friend, Krynn, last week to meet our buds, Dahlia and her hubby, Evan at Opal's food truck. We sunk our chopsticks into a round of the best samplings of Thai food on the island. Oh my goodness, it was heavenly delicious. I can't believe I've been here almost two years and that was my first time eating there. (And second soon after, I went back up on Saturday and ate there again!) 

The owner's young son, Leo, was hilarious and we had fun quizzing him on the continents and oceans as he brought us our green papaya salad, shrimp pad thai and fresh cranberry lemonade. 


Don't you love awesome times with good friends and tasty food?  And... well, being in Hawaii doesn't hurt. 

Did you do anything fun over the weekend? How was your Easter? 


Oh hey, I've been listing some new paintings in the shop the past few days. Go check them out

(I'm still on schedule to go see Chris in Southeast Asia in May! Thanks to each of my really awesome customers for supporting my trip to see my beloved hubs!) 






Comments

  1. you were in my neck of the island:) love opals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, looks like a great place!


    P.S. I'm hosting a fun accessories swap over on my blog today and I'd love for you to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures make me happy. :)
    love ya. quack, quack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we'll be in CA and hoping to make our way to oahu this summer to visit with family. i will have to put this down on our list of things to do if we make it out there. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks soooooooo delicious! Was trying to decide whether to make Thai or Italian tonight - guess it'll have to be Thai - I'm so hungry for it now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like yummy food! never tried. Spent Easter w/fam, church, egg hunt & lotsa food! =) whoohoo to your trip to see your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images, you have a great blog. Look foward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so cute... i wish i could go meet you for some yummy food and fun on the beach!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, why didn't i get invited?! i wish i could go on a thai food date with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your friends are so colorful and that makes me happy! Oh, and you're right, being in Hawaii would make me SUPREMELY happy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like the perfect day!! Love me some thai food :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...that Thai food truck looks AMAZING. Suddenly, my frozen pad thai bowl from Trader Joe's doesn't seem like such a good lunch for tomorrow :) Glad you had such a fun Easter Weekend! Good friends & Good food = Good times, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that pic of you is BEAUTIFUL! you're so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how the pictures are so clear and sharp!! LOVE it

    just became your new follower! :0

    xoxo
    yvonne from www.simplyvonne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts