It's the Little Things: Doodling, Calls from Chris & Ocean Views

I kind of love writing my "Little Things" posts. It's pretty amazing to look back over the week and see how God has carried me through by providing small things that have made me smile or brought me joy. 

And this week, despite feeling swamped by emails and having lots to tackle on my to-do lists, I had a hard time narrowing down my "little things" for the week. 

Last week, I got to relax on the beach with my girl friend, Krynn and her sweet baby, Audrey. I'm not sure how you can not feel content with this view. 



I got to hear Chris' voice for the first time in about 3 weeks! When I say that I melted when I picked up that phone ringing with a strange international number, I'm not really exaggerating. I'm so in love with that man and I miss him so much. 



 Doodling on the colorful paint covered drop cloth draped over my studio sawhorse table makes me smile. 


Painting. I still love it. After being close to burning out on it a few weeks ago, I forced myself to start sticking to a schedule and take more down time. With Chris being gone, I was finding myself working far too much and not taking any time just for myself. But once I started sticking to a schedule, I began coming up with new ideas and found a renewed love and passion for painting. Good for me, good for you. 



If you are very observant, you may have noticed that I changed the signature on the side of my painting a few weeks ago. I used to sign with capital "LW" but was feeling like that wasn't quite "me".

So I played around with a few different options and ended up switching to a simple lowercase version. LOVE it. What do you think?


I'm looking forward to celebrating Easter with my Hawaii ohana this weekend. Worship, brunch and beach-- sounds pretty sweet to me! 

What's made you smile this week? 


Comments

  1. I agree: it's the little things that keep us going! I love the new signature :). My great little thing today is free Starbucks for Earth Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Lindsay!
    My little thing is finally having a stove to cook on and getting the dishes unpacked from our move. I cannot wait to cook something this weekend! It may only be eggs for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, very thought-provoking post! Happy Earth Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little thing is painting my nails pretty pastel purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the picture of the paintbrushes - and your weekend sounds perfect. happy easter, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new signature and I am so glad that you got to talk to Chris!! How wonderful!! Have a lovely Easter friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really love that image of the splattered canvas with your "I <3 Chris" on it. It looks like an adorable "Save the date" post card or something!

    Things that made me smile this week:

    * A former professor ordered two autism bracelets from my shop.
    * I had a late dinner last night -- in the food court in the mall. Sbarro is awesome, no matter how old you are.
    * My issue of "Rolling Stone" has some incredible articles.
    * I get to see my family this weekend.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you heard his voice. There's nothing sweeter.

    Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad that you see God working in the little things. Sometimes it's hard to see in day to day life! (At least I have that problem...) Have a wonderful wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm the same way with blogging: if i do too much or don't blog, i'm uninspired. but! this past week i took a break and i'm ready to go!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts