Fresh Paint: Bright Chevrons & Happy Florals

Hello, friends, welcome to a new week! You ready for it? How was your weekend?

I had a pretty restful weekend. On Saturday, I scoured my house top to bottom ( okay, maybe not restful, but I actually enjoyed it!) and even hung up some artwork that has been sitting around waiting for frames. More on that later... ;) 

And then on Saturday night, I took myself on a date. I went to see Soul Surfer and enjoyed a nice big bucket of buttery popcorn and an ice cold Coke! It was my first time going to a movie by myself but I have been wanting to do it for awhile and I have to admit, it wasn't awkward at all. And Soul Surfer was a fabulous movie-- you definitely need to go see it! I could relate with so much of it, being set in Hawaii. And the message was really well done. Go see it and treat yourself to some buttery popcorn too! 

I also managed to finish up two big custom pieces this weekend! 

The first is my first ever chevron piece.

 Aaand probably also my last. 

I'm kind of kidding. Kind of. 

I am not math minded in the least and so the measuring for this piece was... a challenge. But once that was finished, I had lots of fun painting this piece for Erika. I couldn't resist putting it above my couch for these pictures. It looked so good there, I was tempted to just keep it for myself! 

But I think Erika is thankful that it's on its way to her house right now. It's going to look awesome above her new gray couch!





I painted the sides of each canvas too, so that she could separate them and hang them individually if she chooses in the future. 


The second custom piece is this bright floral 18x18 canvas for Bethany. She was inspired by the artwork of Kim Parker and asked me to do something similar in my own style. I had so much fun painting this piece! I can't wait to see pictures of it in Bethany and Luke's home! 






Today I am focusing solely on getting more paintings in the shop. Check in this week, as I'll be listing more Cuties and 'Olelo paintings as well as some other fun paintings! You just might find something you love! 

Oh, did I mention I've been stuck at 97 sales for two weeks?? If you wanna push me over to 100, hop on over and snag some fun artwork for yourself! 

Have a bright & happy Monday, everyone!

Comments

  1. Hey Lindsay! Love your blog. I just passed on the Lovely Blog Award. I hope you'll pass on the award to 15 awesome blogs that you read and list seven facts about yourself. Thanks for giving us great blogs to read!
    Bhrett
    http://www.theogdenblog.com/2011/04/sharing-blog-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are awesome! You did such a great job!

    Oh, and I'm glad you had fun at the movies! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pieces are adorable! I love Chevron prints. :-) The flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my those are works of art! YES simply beautiful! Both pieces are going to look awesome in their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i LOVE both of these. i can't decide which i love more :) have a happy monday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that second painting may just be my favorite one you've ever done! :) gorgeous work, friend. you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love both pieces, they're gorgeous! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say that the floral art is probably one of my faves that you have ever done...don't get me wrong, I LOVE all of your art but, I am a big sucker for those warm colors and for flowers!! I could easily put a lot of those flower prints in my house!!! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohmigoodness!! I love both pieces!!!
    That chevron striped one is so amazing!! I can tell the time and effort that went into it and it looks fantastic!! And that flowered one:: *swoon* all those flowers look so lovely!!! You are so talented beautiful!!! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  10. cannot wait to see new prints! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love love love the custom paintings girl! you are so talented!!!!

    have a lovely day, doll!

    jac

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the floral!

    I am attempting to paint a chevron pattern on a shower curtain, but like you say, math is not my friend. I keep taping them off, then ripping it off because its not even..I may just have to do stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that you've hit 100 sales you should thank your shoppers with a 50% off sale.

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are both beautiful!!!

    i love the floral one :)

    way to treat yourself to date night girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you enjoyed going to the movies. When I was traveling for work, I started getting more comfortable with doing things by myself. At first I was mortified at the idea of going to a movie by myself. But now I actually like it. Sometimes it's nice to just go see something that YOU want to see....and enjoy that big tub of Popcorn ;)

    Love the Chevron painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The chevron paintings match your couches so well! I think you should make some for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh you are so talented, lindsay!! i cannot wait for the chevron to be hanging in my living room!! As soon as I sew up some coordinating pillows I will send pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the floral.
    It is so different from your other work that it really shows a range.
    Beautiful.
    You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The flower picture is so darling. I like it a lot.

    I go to the movies and eat out by myself all the time. Doing it for years. Definitely takes a moment to get over the 1st time or 2 but after it's not so bad. Glad you didn't mind it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those chevron paintings ... and all the vibrant colors in your work- so cheerful! We're in an apartment right now, but looking forward to having a house to decorate- WooT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. just found your blog from "faith blogs". i love it!!

    what a talent you have, by the way!

    God is great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooh this makes me want to be crafy, clean, and decorate my house! yay for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Especially love the second to last painting with the simple strokes for the petals: gorgeous!

    My husband and I went to Hawaii (Maui) for our honeymoon, and I just couldn't believe how much I loved it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are both gorg, but that floral one makes me insanely happy. A mondo congrats on all the success you've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loveley paintings! I really love the chevron ones. :) I really want to see Soul Surfer, everyone says it's a great movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the Chevron painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. you are talented.
    that's all... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts