Welcome Home Craziness

 I asked Chris last week if he wanted me to make a welcome home sign for the outside of our house or order a free one online. I should have known the answer. Given the choice, my hubby will always choose for me to use my creative skillz. He added a caveat--"But nothing too crazy". 

I'm not sure what he was expecting me to do--bedazzle it? 

 I'll be working on his completely sane welcome home sign later today, but I made a "crazy" one for inside the house. 




I just cut triangles and letters out of scrapbook paper and folded the top edges of the triangles over some ribbon. Then I outlined the letters in black Sharpie and stuck them onto contrasting backgrounds. It was super easy to do and I love how it turned out!


[You can see that third frame STILL hasn't come in yet!]

[But I did receive some anniversary roses from my hubby this weekend!]

I love the cheeriness it adds to the room! Maybe I'll keep it up there after he gets home!

I've got a ton of other things on my to-do list this week and I'm slowly but surely checking them off. I finally made some progress on that blasted bookshelf yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a something to show you. 

Comments

  1. great sign! I think I'm writing that in my idea book and using it for next time! He'll only be gone a month, but it's long enough for me to get it made :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts