Wedding Week: The Reception (Part One)

I have tons of pictures I want to show you from our rockin' reception, so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking today. Tomorrow we'll finish out wedding week with lots of great details from the reception. Enjoy! (I know we sure did!)

The reception was held at the church I grew up in. We used their back patio for a dance floor and set up a big white tent on the lawn. 

Our first dance was a swing dance to Michael Buble's "Everything". It was so fun. 







My dad and I danced to Israel Kamakawiwa'ole's "Somewhere over the Rainbow". 



My little sister made me cry with her sweet speech.



We feasted like royalty. (more on that tomorrow!)


We hugged. We kissed. 




And we danced like fools. 










Instead of a traditional wedding cake, we opted for our favorite-- an ice cream cake. A very frozen ice cream cake. Good thing we had a nice big sword with which to hack it. 









Then some more dancing. 






And I was finally convinced to leave the best party I'd ever been to. 







Hello, are you still here? Whew, that was a lot of pictures.

Tomorrow you'll get the low down on all the exquisite (in my opinion of course) details that pulled our wedding soirée together. 

See ya then! (If you're brave enough to return after that deluge of images!)




Comments

  1. like everything from your wedding... looks truly beautiful! i remember jen and jake talking about how fun and beautiful and perfect the whole thing was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are gorgeous and so was your wedding. Oh, and most importantly you can really feel the love there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright sunny day! And your beautiful reception party is totally a set of unseen planning. Luncheon wedding party of my sister in law was lovely. Well managed garden area of Chicago wedding venues was full of blooming flowers. Dance floor was nice and buffet tables done were quite comfortable for guests to have food according to their wish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts