here and there [happy hump day!]

We're getting close to home coming here, people!

Each room in my house is a disaster (except for the kitchen--which is surprising) filled with projects that are half way completed.  And I think I'm feeling the pressure to make the house look perfect. It won't be perfect, but I sure am excited for Chris to see all the artwork and home projects I have worked on over the past few months.

One of my favorite ways to get out of the house this week is heading to Borders. I grab a tall iced caramel macchiato (stirred)  at the 'Bucks and either find a good book to read, or I head to the magazine racks. The other day, I grabbed some home decor mags and spent a few hours sitting on the floor in the corner, just chilling. It was divine. (Next time, I'm bringing a pillow)


Can I just say that I am so thankful for the place God has put us? Not just because it's Hawaii, but because He has provided so many amazing friends around us. 

Last weekend, some of the families on our block got together for a cookout which turned into game night. We played Quelf (the most hilarious game ever--you have to try it!) until 11pm. The kids played in the other room and I'm sure they were all saying, "Ha! Mom and Dad forgot to put us to bed!!"






[I had to do an interpretive dance. I'm so shy right?]


[pics by Chrissy!]


Then, last night, some of us girls went to Zumba in our community center. We figured there was power in numbers and since none of us had tried it, we could all just laugh at each other.

That was probably the most fun I've had in a long time. Zumba was amazing and I can't wait to go again...plus, my girl friends crack me up. And--bonus number three--I get to cross one of the deployment goals off of my list!

So, in a nutshell--God provides and He is awesome. Can I get an Amen??

Have a great Wednesday, dear readers!


Comments

  1. Hurray for Happy Hump Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I'm addicted to your blog? It's just so fresh and fun/encouraging to read. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are enjoying where God has placed you and He's given you friends to support and encourage you!. And super glad that your almost to the end of this deployment!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts