Wedding Week: The Dress

Since our one year anniversary was yesterday, I thought I would take some time to reflect back on our wedding this week. Everything about the day was perfect and I'd love to share some of the details with you. I'll also throw in some other posts this week as I'm busy busy busy getting ready for Chris' home coming.

It'll be a full week here at Aisle to Aloha, but you probably won't be hearing from me a whole lot next week! :)

Chris and I did things a little bit backwards. At the Naval Academy, the midshipman are not allowed to get married while attending. So, we knew from very early on in our relationship that we were going to get married and that our wedding date would be May 23, 2009-- the day after his commissioning/graduation. Because of that, we ended up being engaged for 15 long long months. (Read our engagement story here) So, a lot of the planning was done pretty far in advance and I kind of wish I had saved myself some stress and just enjoyed being engaged for a while before jumping in to planning. Oh well.

So, while our wedding was in May, I actually found and bought my dress the July before. I had been looking online and found about 10 dresses that I thought could be ''the one'' at an Alfred Angelo store... three hours away in Pennsylvania. I ended up driving up there twice with my mom and once with my sisters to get the dress. And it was so worth it.

Because there was a Panera right next to the store.

Oh, and because I found the perfect gown.

As I began shopping for a wedding gown, I thought I wanted something with straps and something very simple. I thought since every one was doing strapless these days, I wanted to be different. Well, I ended up with a strapless gown that had beading, lace and rouching--not very simple. And I loved every minute I spent wearing it.

Okay, enough talk, here's my awesome dress.















 

I don't think I ever felt more beautiful than on our wedding day. It helps to have a rockin' dress.



Do you still love your wedding dress? Or do you look back now and think, "What was I thinking??"




All of our professional photography was by Stacey Lee Photography.

Comments

  1. I love your dress! How beautiful! My grandmother, who I grew up with, picked mine and the minute I put it on, I knew it was the one. Thanks for sharing! How gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the dress...it was so you Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a beautiful bride! That dress is truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did rock that dress! But I think I loved your hair and makeup even more; totaly glamorous! We're talking Vogue cover girl people! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts