Introducing a New Painting Series:: Ripples!

I'm so excited to introduce this new series to you today! I've been working on these paintings for weeks and have been just waiting to share them with you!

Introducing the Ripples!

{Inspired by Inspiration}

I call these paintings Ripples. Partly because, inn their physical appearance, they resemble ripples in the water, but for another reason as well. These paintings are inspired by, well, inspiration. Inspiration is fascinating to me. Every piece of artwork, craft, design, is created by a person who was inspired by something, which was inspired by something else, which in turn, was inspired by something else. These ripples of inspiration create the world around us. We are all influenced by what we see, hear, taste, touch, feel... and I love seeing how others change their inspiration into creations.

Each ripple painting is inspired by the colors of an image I love -- found by surfing blogs, pinterest, or even taken by me. Below you'll see each painting (I have 6 for you today and more coming soon!) paired with its inspiration image. Click over to the shop listing to see more detailed photos!


Feathered Ripple on 6x6 canvas






Bottled Up Ripple on 6x12 canvas







Inspired Ripple on 12x12 canvas






Poppies Ripple on 6x6 canvas







Petals Ripple on 6x12 canvas






Succulent Ripple on 6x12 canvas




Ta-da! So, what do you think guys? 

I hope you love them. 

I love them. 

I've given credit when possible but sometimes (like on pinterest), the original image isn't properly credited, so I'm only able to give credit to where I originally found the image. If you know the original source of any images, please let me know! And please remember to always "pin" from a permalink instead of the general blog url so that people can find the original image! ;)

(Psst... lots of pictures from our stay-cation coming atcha tomorrow!) 

lindsay

Comments

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And I totally dig your inspiration photos. Refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous! Love them, Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely gorgeous!! So gorgeous that I can't even pick a favorite, I love them all! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool!!!! Love the first one with the birds! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cool!!!! Love the first one with the birds! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture and the beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dang, girl! loving this series!!! the colors are incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you through the Lillypie giveaway, love these colors! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your new series! beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are absolutely beautiful Lindsay!! I want them all:)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them! So beautiful. The colors are so gorgeous together & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are so gorge! i have been so excited to see what you were going to show us - did not disappoint.

    succulent and poppies are my fav. LOVEY LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are so pretty! i really love the poppies ripple, such gorgeous colors. i love that each was inspired by a photo.. thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh they are beautiful! I love the one inspired by the birds! Such beautiful, rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what wonderful color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the inspiration postings. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahhh i LOVE seeing where you drew the inspiration from for your colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love them! I love your choices of color combinations. Very good eye! they are all quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your new series! They are beautiful. Love all the colors. They remind me of sunsets on the ocean...*sigh*...miss those, and miss YOU more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love love the bottled up ripple as well as your concept behind the name "ripple". I think you've inspired a new post that I will be linking you in! Im a crazy commenting fool tonight! Your inbox is going to be full of this "Shark chick"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts