Eat, Sleep, Play.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went down last week. Eat, sleep, play. And I took a lot of photos so I'm going to bombard you with them today (and maybe for the next week or two.) 

Fourth of July was a blast. Har har. No, but really, it was a great day. We woke up bright and early for a morning surf session which ended up just being a "paddle around in the warm salt water and sunshine" session since there were absolutely no waves. 

Fine by me. 

We made our way into town well before the start of fireworks to avoid traffic. We wasted time people watching in the mall (and making up ridiculous life scenarios for every person) and popped in to a local grill for some crab and artichoke dip while we waited for the sun to dip lower in the sky. 





Our view for the fireworks was incredible. 


{linking up to sweet shot tuesdays for this one above!)



The rest of the week was filled with...

beach time.

duh. 






Driving around the island. 

(where I made Chris stop every few miles so I could get out and take pictures.)


He's a good sport.





A stop at the Haleiwa Farmer's Market. 

We picked up the most amazingly fresh and delicious pesto... heaven in a jar. 

Also, I got yelled at by a woman at the orchid booth for taking photos. She was not nice. 



We ate tons of delicious food all week too...


... including penang curry and spicy papaya salad that we made from scratch using the recipes from our cooking school in Thailand. 

It was way better than anything I've eaten in restaurants. So, so good. 


I think I fancy stay-cations. 


Psst... just added my blog to BlogLovin. If you're on there, make sure to follow me! 



lindsay

Comments

  1. looks like you had an amazing week:)
    loved your pics...........which camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Wonderful. Beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing Hawaii {and Chris} with us. So glad he is home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos lindsay!! looks/sounds like such a fun week! i liked the bit about making up life scenarios for people at the mall - haha! i love being silly like that with joel. i can't wait to visit hawaii one day, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! All that food looks amazing! It's 11pm my time and I'm off to bed soon, so I guess I get to dream about food tonight?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful and you both look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your sweet shot tuesday shot!! it really is sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Looks likes you had a GREAT time. You and your husband make such a cute couple! ...and kudos for getting yelled at for taking pictures. lol. Anything for a good shot! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these pictures are so beautiful and make me so happy, esp. since you guys are together! love all your fedoras!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your staycation sounds marvelous. I could definitely go for a staycation of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great adventure of beach, beauty and food! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear I'm going to run into one day if you keep popping up in the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your photos, but especially your Sweet Shot Tuesday one!

    Shame about the orchid lady - ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joe and I do the same thing when we people watch. haha Love all of your pictures! Looks like the PERFECT stay-cation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Eat Sleep Pray" kinda reminds me of "Eat Pray Love"! I'm overjoyed that you guys are spending so much time loving on each other. And I think I'll make some panang for my hubs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fun! These pictures are amazing, and tell what great story for sure.

    Enjoyed this!

    One day I'll get there...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the pics - the views and the food looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like so much fun! The curry looks AMAZING! LOVE Thai food!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow ... you guys sure snagged a killer spot for watching the fireworks {love marinas :)} ... I think my new life mantra is going to be eat, play, sleep {in that order!}

    Love your blog!

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my!!! These are GORGEOUS photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful pictures you've got some nice shots. I love that red outfit especially. Looks like a really wonderful weekend!


    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you two are having a totally glorious time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You two are so adorable. What a lovely week. Kinda jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pictures. I'm sure you are enjoying the staycation! Hope you're having a great time together again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. such beautiful pictures! when i traveled in NZ, we would stop the car every two minutes or so to get out and take a picture. the beauty there was amazing, and it taught me to look for beauty in my own country and town :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love making up life scenarios for random people too! Especially at the Hibachi Grill...

    I think I would fancy a staycation in Hawaii too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all your pictures...I'm going to take some time and enjoy your blog a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That fireworks shot is A-Mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have you ever broken your nose? Is that why it points to the side?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts