Aloha From a Sponsor: Emily Katherine Designs



Today's featured sponsor is very near and dear to my heart. Emily is a close friend from college! We filmed ridiculous music videos, made up silly nicknames for each other and suffered through long Spanish classes together. She is incredibly sweet, hilarious and oh-so-creative! Emily and her husband, Jake run Emily Katherine Designs where you can find beautiful jewelry that is perfect for adding some girly sparkle to your day! I love that you could wear their designs in a wedding dress or jeans and a white tee! 

Say 'aloha' to Emily (and Jake!)





Hi Emily! Could you tell Aisle to Aloha readers a little bit about yourself and your shop? 

1. Hello there! I'm Emily. My husband, Jake, and I own Emily Katherine Designs, an online shop of high quality, handcrafted beaded jewelry. I personally have been designing and making jewelry for about twelve years. After my husband and I got married, he helped me fulfill my dream of turning my love of making jewelry into a business. Our shop includes beaded bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings, and a whole bridal collection. Check out our newly redesigned blog for updates, giveaways, and more fun stuff! 


Emily Katherine Designs is a joint effort with your hubby, Jake. What are the best and most challenging things about working alongside your husband?

2. Yes, our business is a joint effort. I absolutely LOVE working with my husband on this business. We are a good pair because, well, he is my best friend, but our skills also compliment each other very well. He is very business savvy and does most of the technical work on the website, while I am more artsy. My husband is also a great support for me and is always encouraging me in my work. The most challenging thing about working with my husband is...hmmm...that his hands are too big to help me make the jewelry :)



Where do you draw inspiration for your jewelry?

3. The biggest inspiration for the jewelry itself are the amazing people in my life. Most of our jewelry is named after people that I love and are designed to match their personality. We have a blog segment called "Behind the Bracelet" that focuses on the people behind our jewelry. 



What is your favorite color and what do you think it says about your personality?

4. My favorite color would have to be purple. Or bright pink. I did my wedding in both of these colors. I think it says that I am bright and girly! As far as our jewelry, I especially love to use metallic colors, like the pearls in the Holly bracelet. 




Ok, don't they have some gorgeous pieces? My favorites are definitely their bracelets! Emily even created a bracelet inspired by ME! Check that one out here. 

Want more of Emily and Jake? 

Check out their blog here!

Find them on twitter!

Fan them on Facebook! 


They have graciously offered a whopping 20% off your purchase with the code ALOHA20 at checkout!  

Comments

  1. She seems really great, and I'm not just saying that because of the name. ;)

    I love the 1/2 flowers necklace. So pretty and love how much she enjoys working with her husband. There's nothing like building a business on each others strengths and succeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower necklace as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy awesome shop batman!! those pieces are GORGEOUS!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts