Aloha From a Sponsor: Erika of Bird E Studios!

Our featured sponsor today is the lovely Erika, of Bird E Studios! She's an incredibly talented seamstress with an eye for beautiful color and her shop is gorgeous! It's filled with all sorts of items to make your baby (or niece, nephew, etc.) the stylish kid on the block. From sweet quilts and blankets, bright bibs and  genius diaper clutches, she's not helping my baby fever at all! 

Check out a few of her beautiful creations and her interview with me below! 





What are three things Aisle to Aloha readers should know about the girl behind Bird E Studios?

Three things that y'all should know about me....this is tough!
  1. I cannot sit still, no matter how hard I try. This is a helpful characteristic when it comes to the shop! If sitting down to watch TV you can bet I am working on products at the same time. 
  2. I would rather have a small handful of really, really great friends than an enormous circle of acquaintances. Knowing the heart of each of my friends is far ore important to me than having tons of social obligations.
  3. And for a silly one, I can eat the first end of a hot dog but not the second end. It grosses me out too much. And yes, I know I could have very well eaten the second end first and been just fine with it. Such a weird quirk I haven't grown out of! 

Besides sewing, what's another creative outlet that you enjoy? 

I really love the idea of interior decorating. I have so many sets over on Polyvore of dream rooms that I have pulled together that I will have someday in the Craftsman home I dream of buying and restoring here in Seattle. When it comes to actually decorating a room I am far more practical than the rooms in my day dreams, but it is still fun to dream! 


What advice would you offer to someone looking to jump into handmade biz? 

Oh goodness, I will be the first person to tell you that I am still figuring out all of the things that go into having a shop. But I think one of the most important things to remember when you are starting your own business (because that's what it is, no matter how small you feel like your little shop is. YOU are a business owner!) is to not give up when you don't instantly see results. It WILL feel like you are putting in endless hours to get your shop up and running with little return in the beginning. But I promise, if you stick with it, and if your heart really is in this, you will succeed. Set small goals at first, but always keep your sight on achieving what you dream for your shop. Remember, though, to always have fun with this!



What's your favorite color and what do you think it says about your personality?

Choosing just one color is really tough....but my favorite color combo of the moment is light gray and coral. The brightness of the coral just pops against the subtle gray and makes me happy! What does this say about me? Maybe that I am calm and collected (the gray), but have a spunky side that comes out (the coral)! Ha.


Loves coral, interior design and makes beautiful creations?? Check, check and check-- we love this girl!

Say "aloha" to Erika on her blog!

Chat with her on twitter!

Check out her gorgeous shop!

Comments

  1. she chooses the best fabric. (and lucky me I live in Seattle and know where she shops!)


    also how crazy is it that there are TWO crafty Erikas in Seattle. And our names are BOTH EriKa. Note that 'k' not the 'c' which is not the right way to spell it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! She has the cutest diaper clutches ever! Now it's just a waiting game for when she re-stocks and trying to be fast enough to snag one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts