Art on Our Walls:: We're So Sketch.

So, I didn't mean for two pieces of my artwork to land back to back on this series. But we have a lot of artwork by me in this house, so it's bound to happen.

Today I'm showing you a sketch I did a few years ago, that is hanging on our living room gallery wall. I used to sketch with pencils a lot and just like painting landscapes, I miss it. I've been talking to Chris about carving out some time for stuff like that that I just don't do anymore. I know it would really help my creativity and inspiration to work on something that's not for the shop-- it's just a matter of finding the time and energy to do it. 



The picture I was sketching from was taken the summer we first started dating. I love the memories this brings back of that sweet summer when we first fell in love. That's what I think about whenever I glance at it on the wall. 


Got any artwork that makes you nostalgic? What about artwork created by you? And also, I can't be the only one who needs to jump back into my old favorite hobbies, right?

lindsay


Comments

  1. That is adorable. Sometimes my old hobbies get left along the way to new hobbies but I always love to go back to them when I find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sketch! So amazing!

    I definitely need to do things I once loved! Its hard with a baby, but I need to make time, somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat way of sort of preserving those memories! I need to get back into my photography. I've left it by the wayside this summer and it's my number one art passion. This may have motivated me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat, Lindsay. What wonderful memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! you've got mad talent (i know i keep repetting myself....) i like it. a lot. = )


    Jello


    http://jelloskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. I am in awe of your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so gifted! Its just beautiful:)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts