it's the little things:: silly cards & skype dates


Chris has been away all week and I can't wait til he gets home later today. I hate when he goes away, but I have to admit that I look forward to that sweet feeling of being reunited again. Here are some of the little things that carried me through a somewhat lonely week. 

We spent last weekend at the Family Life Weekend to Remember marriage conference. We've made it our goal to go to a conference every year for a little re-focusing. I love the conversations we have during these weekends. This man is pretty amazing. 



...I made curried chicken and cider soup. Guys, this is so good. I'll be sharing the recipe soon and you'll probably want to smooch me because of it. 




.... skype date with my sweet blog friend, Moriah. I just wanna hug her through the screen! Technology rocks.




...goofy cards from my mom. She is so good at sending me little cards that let me know she's thinking about me during the week. This one was so ridiculous. It "baahed" at me while I was walking back from getting my mail. Really loudly. Scared me to death. 

(see her note? She misses me "baa baa baadly. Oh, Mom...)


Ok, so now it's your turn! What are the little things that got YOU through the week? 

 party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).









lindsay

Comments

  1. aaaawww - skype date with moriah?!! so fun!! and totally want some of that delish soup!

    p.s. i need to join this party of these days!! love the idea of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that card is precious! Your mom is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm not gonna link up with your blog, 'cause well, I haven't logged onto my blog since we moved and I've got a lot to catch up on, but Matt and I had a really tough week and the little things that got me through were hugs from Matthew and Adalyn's smiles, giggles and pure innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm that soup looks delish! It's great you two can get away every now and then to retreats :) I can't wait for them to host one at Turtle Bay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snail mail and getting cards from my mommy :]

    That chicken and cider soup looks........SO GOOD. Please post a recipe soon. Mmm!

    Btw, I just absolutely love your it's the little things post. I am starting to look forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this link up party! It makes a huge difference to notice the little things of the week. And I love that yall take the time to attend marriage conferences...it really says a lot about your marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love skype dates! I am so happy that such a thing as skype exists. Truly amazing when you think about it. Seeing and talking to someone who lives in a completely different part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't been to a marriage conference yet, but hopefully we will in the coming year. I'm encouraged to hear its been so great for you guys.
    I love skype dates! and I cannot wait to read your recipe for the soup- looks & sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, that's so sweet that your mom sends you goofy cards just because! I wanna be like her when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, my mom used to send me cards too when I lived far away - that's so cute!

    It's becoming my Friday ritual to read through every link-up and leave comments. Thanks again for hosting this Lindsay :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to get through the week! That soup does look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun linkup! I absolutely love your blog and can't wait to keep reading! Love reading about your life in sunny Hawaii when it's cold and rainy in NYC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. luuuurve your blog!! so fun!

    and you guys are super cute!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I may have to give Skype a try sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Skype is amazing isn't it? Love how its kept me connected with friends far away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm off to write my little things post NOWAH...and hopefully link up with the linky this time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh bummer! I am sad I missed this! Next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Why am I not surprised that you two are friends...?

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your blog! i'm so glad i stumbled upon it. you seem so nice and i can't believe you live in hawaii!! ah i'm jealous. i'm following you asap! :)

    xo,
    amanda
    Little Tranquility

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts