it's the little things:: first ever linkup party!


 Aloha friends and happy friday! Welcome to the first ever Aisle to Aloha link up partaaay! I'm super excited to see your 'little things' for the week!

First, here be mine::

... washi tape!

I'm obsessed with this stuff-- the possibilities are endless and the colorful paper tapes fuel my creativity. I usually buy mine on Etsy (under suppliers), but on a whim yesterday, I asked about them at my local craft store and they had some! Even more exciting-- they were cheaper than through Etsy-- which is pretty much unheard of in Hawaii. So I bought a whole armful.

Aaaand I have a super fun washi tape tutorial coming atcha next week. You're going to love it.




...leftover spaghetti. 

I made my homemade spaghetti sauce for our mini church on Tuesday and had to make sure I left some at home for the rest of the week. I don't know what it is about leftover spaghetti, but it's heavenly.


...the smell of fresh cut grass. 

Wednesdays are the days when the lawn guys come through the neighborhood. It's pretty annoying to hear the weedwhackers, leaf blowers and lawn mowers all day. But I always make sure the walk outside in the afternoon because of that smell of fresh cut grass.




..oreos. 

'nuff said. I love 'em. 


... new paint brushes! 

I go through a lot of paint brushes and it never ceases to excite me when I get to break into a new pack of fine tip, fresh, never used paint brushes. Kind of, sort of makes me giddy. 




Got your posts ready??

 party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 
2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar, on the "little things" page and below. 
3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 
4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party (ie. no giveaways, etc.) 

Aisle to Aloha











lindsay

Comments

  1. what a fun idea!! i love the bokeh in your pictures, soo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your little things! Fun linky and can't wait for the tutorial next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun, I can't wait to see other people's posts!

    mmm fresh cut grass... I'm with you there. this week it finally started feeling like fall, and one day I walked outside and it smelled like grass. made me so darn happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Left over spaghetti is The Best!!

    Fun link up, I'll have to join in next week, get my little things ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love leftover of any great dinner haha, seriously ever saw how great they taste. I am with you as to getting new art stuff. It give you that feeling of being so giddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so i LOVE wasabi tape but i don't ever know what to do with it... besides admire it, so your tutorial will be welcome! :)

    happy friday!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun idea! Love it.
    And I couldn't agree more on the leftover spaghetti. They always taste better reheated the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for doing this link up Lindsey! It's a great time for reflection! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. found you via josiah's nest and i'm so glad i did :) love this idea and i will be linking up with my "little things" later today. happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to be a part of this! I also love(d) Oreos, and fresh-cut grass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, this is making me want to get back to my blog (which has been sadly neglected for a long time)

    The little things - free groceries! and sharing the free groceries :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those paint brushes are sweet! With grippers and everything. It really is the little things :) Thanks for the linkup~

    ReplyDelete
  13. THAT TAPE! Oh my oh my! I want some!
    Can you get it at any craft store?

    I've been slacking this week, so I won't be linking up today, but next week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for being a little bit thick, but do we do the post and then post the link to it down here? xxx

    http://sophie-pie.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-little-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. My good friend the salty shark sent me here..great idea to introduce people to new blogs and friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea for a post & link up party! Have you ever made spaghetti fritatta with your left overs. Just google for recipes, so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I may eat some of the left over soup I made tonight for dinner! I love left overs too! Great idea- I am so excited to be a part of this and find new blogs and new friends! Also, I must say, that I am thrilled to be looking through your blogs and learning about so many of you having faith. That is truly a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved thinking about the little things this week! P.S. your button matches my blog perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. girl, i love your photos!! they look amazing - and i love the idea behind this link up party!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. someone certainly is using her 50mm friend ;) LOVE all your shots... promise that I will link up (if you do it in 2 weeks), once life calms down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun party! I promise to have some pictures from a REAL camera next week! ;) I love your shot of the oreos, and I have never heard of washi tape. Is that crazy? Am I the only one?

    Megan @ Lemon Tree Studio

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love this! what a great idea!

    http://twopeasinaspacepod.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-little-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I love your washi tape! Such pretty patterns! And I have had a awesome time visiting blogs and commenting. This link up is such a great idea! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have enjoyed this link up so much! There truly are beautiful ladies linked up and sharing gorgeous little things! I can't wait for you washi tape tutorial! Your spaghetti looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a little slow popping around to the party, but just made some rounds today! Such a great idea and I love your "little things" this week. Mmm Oreos! That tape is also SO cute! I hope I stumble upon some one day! Looking forward to the tutorial! Have a lovely one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi,

    Just wanted to say thank you to those who visited my blog!! Several comments I was not able to reply back to because emails were not linked with the blogger account for myself or others to reply. I encourage you to go under your profile and check and add if needed, your email so when you comment on blogs we/others can send a note back.

    Have a great weekend,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved reading your post and several others about little things that make them smile and keep going! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for hosting Lindsay! I absolutely loved doing this post, and reading everyone's posts and comments! Can't wait for the next one :)
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts