[over the weekend] I Had a Bad Day... and a Good One Too.

Have you ever had a day that you wish you could hit the "rewind" button on? I think we all have. Yesterday was that day for me. I started off in a rotten mood (for no real reason at all) and it just got worse.

After church, Chris and I got an argument. No fun.

Then we went to Best Buy to get our camera repaired (it suffered a tragic fall during our hike this weekend). Thankfully, the repairs are covered under our warranty but we had to send it away for up to four weeks. That's 2-4 weeks where I can't list paintings or take pictures for my blog. Plus, Chris' family is coming into town this week, we have his ship's Christmas party soon and lots of other fun things coming up. I broke down and cried while filling out paperwork with the Geek Squad. Embarrassing. But I was and am legitimately upset that I'll be without my camera for so long.

And next on the list was dreaded grocery shopping. I HATE grocery shopping. And having 6 people staying in our house this week (plus hosting Thanksgiving) means lots of grocery shopping. So two hours in the crowded commissary searching for cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie filling (which they RAN OUT OF) didn't do anything to help my mood or attitude.

Today I am thankful for God's mercies that are renewed each morning. Yesterday was a bad one. But today, I wake up and I feel His grace wash over me and I'm thankful that I am not consumed by my sinful nature, my bad attitude or the awful day I had before.

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23



So, yesterday was bad day, but Saturday was great day! We went hiking for the day with a group of friends and had fun swimming in a VERY frigid waterfall (Laie Falls). I'll leave you with this funny clip Chris took of me jumping in the cold mountain water. 





Also, don't forget to enter in the aPearantly Sew giveaway! Today is the last day to enter to win an adorable clutch! Winner announced tomooooorrow.

Comments

  1. Oh, we all have those days. I'm with you: thank goodness for grace that brings us a clean slate every day. Here's to a better week! (And you should try a disposable camera for the holidays. Our camera broke while we were on vacation last year, so we bought a throw-away camera. The pictures came out really vintage-y looking... It was kind of fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you...we all have those days...seems like the stress of the season sometimes gets to us too.

    I know I'm feeling it this week...hosting Thanksgiving with 15 people...and I love to cook and don't mind grocery shopping but it's still stressful.

    Glad the next day was better for you. :-)

    Thank goodness for new mornings and clean slates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like awesome weather! i want to go hiking and waterfall swimming!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo to rotten days...but yay to happier ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have extra pumpkin pie filling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm glad your weekend got better and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad things got better for you girl!! happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the grocery shopping- even Sam's Club can be stressful, at least the isles are wider and don't feel so constricting! Thank goodness for new days and God's faithfulness, just found your blog, I'm sure I'll enjoy. Very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :( Bummer that you had such a bad day. I hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving and that your camera comes back earlier than expected! That video was too cute, haha. What a beautiful looking spot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts