Feeling Thankful.

Feeling thankful today.

Remember in this post how I was venting about Chris not getting to go to some training for his job here in Hawaii? Well, turns out, he did get to go and we found out at the last minute. He's had a [mostly] stress-free week and has even been coming home as early as 3pm! That's a welcome change from his stressful week last week when he was getting home at midnight.

On one of those early days this week, we drove up to the North Shore where the swell was over thirty feet! It was amazing to see the huge waves and be reminded of God's awesome power over this earth. The picture below doesn't look too big but we are looking down on the ocean. And those rocks are huge. This is where we snorkel in the summer. Obviously, not a good snorkel spot in the fall and winter.





Sometimes it's just something as simple as a generous dollop of cadmium red paint on my palette to make me smile. 





My mama knows I'm missing my favorite season, so she filled an envelope with freshly fallen leaves and mailed them to me all the way from Maryland. I'm thankful that I get at least a little touch of my beloved autumn. 



I can't express my thankfulness enough for you, my readers, twitter buds and Etsy allies. Your sweet comments, supportive emails and tweets have been such a blessing over the past few months. So, thank you. I wish I could give you all a big fuzzy hug. (not that I'm fuzzy...you know what I mean.)

What are you thankful for this week? Looking forward to anything this weekend?


Comments

  1. I am glad for you and Chris, Lindsay.
    I am looking forward to our 10 years anniversary next week, hope we will have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to sometimes just stop and remember the things that do bring us joy among all the chaos in life huh! i am looking forward to my dad coming into town this weekend! for a father daughter time... that will be bring me lots of needed joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having some positive moments and living gratefully! It's something I need to do more of, as well! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have your Mom send you a Fall box! :-)
    So nice to hear your thankfulness...something we all need to do, even if it's just something small in our life.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful for our family, God truly has blessed us with each other. Miss you my Lindsay Marcheta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts