Easy-Peasy Garden Stool Makeover

I've wanted a garden stool (or as Chris says, a "barrel thing") for awhile now and when I saw this guy at Ross for 28 buckaroos, I snatched him right up. Of course, I knew he'd need a makeover.

Bronze has no place in my home.



I sanded it down a little bit to roughen up the surface and then I sprayed on a coat of primer. The trick with both the primer and paint is to put thin, even coats on. Sometimes I get a little over zealous with my spraying and that's when drips occur. No bueno. 


At first, I thought a nice aqua blue would be nice, but it turned out to be more of a baby blue and I hated it. 




So, I returned to Home Depot and picked up a can of summer squash yellow. I should have gone with yellow in the first place. I love it! 






Do you like it? Are you digging garden stools too, or are they not your thang?



 

Comments

  1. it looks fantastic!! i remember visiting a Ross store when we visited San Francisco - great bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I love it. So cheery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUV it and love your color choice. It really pops and says, sit on me or put a plant on me. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, girl.

    I used to have two in my living room and now they are housed on our back porch. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable is that, perfect!!! I love seeing how you make things over. I am so plain, I liked it bronze, but then seeing how you gave it such a wonderful makeover, its amazing!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. weirdly enough, I was searching craigslist just now for garden stools when I decided to take a break and read some blogs instead. So yeah, love them. :-) Have yet to find one in a store that is under $100.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! i love it. good choice on the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG OMG OMG!! i LOVEEEE the yellow hun!!! great makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yellow stool looks great --love the sunshine yellow color! Great design ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, the yellow is perfect! I don't know that I've ever seen a garden stool, but looks pretty adorable to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the yellow! I really want a garden stool to use for a little side table in my sunporch - love those things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts