DIY Sawhorse Table & Studio Tour

I'm excited to show you my new sawhorse table and revamped studio! Chris and I spent several hours on Thursday buying wood, sawing, measuring, measuring again, breaking drill bits and trying not to get blood from a cut thumb on the new table. Yeah, it was kind of a stressful afternoon, but it was still fun to make a table together and Ana White's tutorial couldn't have been better. 

So, without further ado, here is my new studio. I still need to hang curtains and find a fun chair (do you recognize my dining room chair?? Ten points if you realized my dining room picture from yesterday only had three chairs!)





I'll have more details on my cork inspiration boards in a later post. Can you guess what they're made out of?? (Well, besides, cork--duh.) Can't wait to fill it up with pretty things. 



Here's a closer look at my table without the drop cloth. So pretty. I love the raw wood. Chris suggested that I stain it but I'm liking it as is. Plus, the smell of the Douglas fir makes me smile and think of Christmas whenever I walk into the room. I've never heard of making anything out of Douglas fir wood, but that was the cheapest option. We ended up spending $67 total--including the finished table top, screws and a handsaw. (MUCH better than West Elm's $500 sawhorse table!)

Tip: Home Depot doesn't make angled cuts so if you don't have a miter saw, avoid a head ache and just ask to borrow a friend's. It's not worth it to measure and hand cut each leg. Though it can be done, as you witness here. 


My paintbrushes reside in washed out spaghetti sauce jars (and the mini one is an artichoke heart jar!)


And here's my photo shoot corner. I take my photos for Etsy on this bookshelf (which I recently stained). 





Love love love. Now I can't wait to paint some more! 

PS.  I'm super excited for a fabulous giveaway on here tomorrow! You'll definitely want to win this! :) 

 

Comments

  1. beautiful! i need a space like this in my life. so tranquil....ahhh! one day. :) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space you have created! Looks awfully clean! It's very much in keeping with your artwork - true to form. Great job and I know building things can be frustrating. My husband and I have collapsed on the floor and laughed many times and have ended up calling, Handy Hubby. Congrats. to you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great job you two. Chalk me up for 10 points, noticed just 3 chairs first thing! The runaway dining room looks great at the desk. Just one question...where's our bed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cool studio! i really can't paint, but if i had this space....who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the sawhorse table. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your studio! You've definitely inspired me to start working in our spare room/den.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your projects. Your blog always inspires me to look around my house and say, "what can I do different with what I have." Fun! The table is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely, and it's so fun to see my cards on your corkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great space! Really like the cork board tiles...they look good and they are super practical.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice studio! That's a wonderful DIY sawhorse table=)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts