here and there: totally random tuesday

Nothing of much importance today. Still in Rhode Island, anticipating our return home this weekend. I'm excited to see our friends and sleep in our own bed soon, but I've to be honest and say that it's going to be hard for me to return to Hawaii. I love our life in Hawaii, but I had forgotten how much of an East Coast girl I am. It's especially hard to be leaving right as the weather is starting to cool down. I miss my seasons!

I bought this pair of glass bowls from a shop in Newport yesterday. I love the color, the striations in the glass and the fluid shape of the bowls themselves.


Not quite sure what I'll do with them just yet, but with all the blues and greens taking over our house these days, I'm sure I'll find a home for them somewhere. 





If you've been watching Design Star on HGTV like I have, surely you must know Emily.  She's one of the top two designers on the show right now and the finale airs on Sunday!

I've been reading her blog for a while now and love her witty, quirky and down to earth writing voice. Not only does she crack me up, but she's a fabulous designer too. Below is her glass house design on Sunday night's  episode. 





Somehow she stumbled onto MY little blog here last week and read this post on one of my many DIY fails. I almost fell off the bed when I saw her name in my Gmail inbox. She wrote me an email to commiserate on the challenges of spray adhesive. For her to take the time to write me that email solidifies  her awesome-ness. I'm team Emily all the way. 

I'm thinking of changing out our IKEA Korndal green slipcover on the couch for a white one. (Even though "Blekinge white" sounds really funny... just like any IKEA name.)

  I love our green couch but I think a change could be nice. Though this is a bit of "If you give a mouse a cookie...". Now I'm thinking about painting the walls, getting a rug, changing the artwork again... I have decorating ADD for sure.

Thanks for sticking with me through the past few weeks as I've been away from home with little to write about. I'll be getting back to 'meatier' posts once we are back in Hawaii. I've got some projects to attend to and as usual, I'll be taking you along with me on those. 

Comments

  1. Those bowls are GORGEOUS! Depending on the size, you could put them on a table in a foyer [do people have foyers anymore?] or living room with something in them... shells, beads... something nifty like that. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    And we could never have a WHITE couch! I would never let anyone sit on it :( I love them, their so crisp and clean, but it just would never happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go back to Hawaii for you. Just sayin'. ; )

    And, p.s. I'm an Emily fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for the white coach now while you can. Once the babies start coming it will never be white again!

    Years from now you will pull out pictures and say "wow, remember back when we could really have white furniture!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts