what will he do with his one wild and precious life? {nursery plans!}








I have not been a very emotional pregnant woman. I mean, I've cried over some things, but not at the drop of a hat, like some say they do. But when I think or talk about little man's nursery, I get a bit choked  up. 

I am loving the idea of having a boy. I love saying "my boys" and thinking of all the ways our little man is going to look up to his dad and all the things he's going to learn from him. Chris is an adventurer. If he sees a rock wall, he wants to climb it. A body of water-- he wants to jump in. He's hiked long stretches of the Appalachian Trail and spent a month on an expedition in Alaska. He's got story after story about his months spent in Fiji and I trust him completely when we venture into the woods. 

And I hope that our son will pursue an adventurous life like his papa. 

So, the nursery "theme" is going to be centered on the adventures I hope our boy has throughout his life. Bright and eclectic and inspiring. 

>> The Katie Daisy print is the catalyst behind this theme. I'm so excited to see what our kiddo is going to do with his life. 

>> To bring a little bit of a manly feel, we'll throw in a  few industrial touches-- maybe an old sign letter like this one from The Vintage Wall, some wire storage and a brightly colored desk lamp (we have one that I might spray paint!) 

>> We put this gray BabyMod crib from Walmart, of all places, on our registry. It' s a fabulous price, has a non-toxic finish and is made from sustainable pine wood. 

>> A brightly patterned crib sheet like this one from SweetBobbins would be pretty adorable.

>> We already have this ZigZag rug from Urban Outfitters and the Poang chair from IKEA and I think they'll work perfectly in the nursery. 

I also love all of these art prints from Etsy-- 

>> adventure print from FlourishCafe
>> over the sea print from lauraamiss
>> today is the day print from amandacatherinedesigns
>> antique world map from AncientShades

I've also got some fun DIY ideas in my noggin. I'm going to make a mobile for above his crib and I'd love to find either an affordable or easy DIY moroccan pouf! 

Obviously we have to wait until our move before we even know what kind of space we'll have. Can't wait to see how it comes together! 


  lindsay





Comments

  1. Adore your finds!! That crib is such a steal and gorgeous, too. Love every detail... including the S (my last initial and my daughter's first!) and the chevron rug. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lindsay! What a unique and creative nursery. So many great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and I love how you came to design his room this way, it is meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI, I LOVED that IKEA chair for nursing/rocking my son. It was super comfortable with just the right bounce. I am not really a rocker/glider person so it worked perfectly for us (although ours was in our living room not a nursery!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much comfier than it looks, isn't it? Glad to know it's good for nursing/rocking too. It's in our living room right now, but will transition to the nursery once we move.

      Delete
  5. Adorable Lindsay:) I just did a post as well on nursery ideas (for small space) and it is just too fun browsing around knowing that this is all for your little boy! LOVE the map.

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Such a great idea :) Your hubby sounds a lot like mine + I think the theme fits perfectly for your son! ♥ Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Love the crib.
    I'm wanting to get the room ready for my kiddos to share. So much planning to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww i can't wait to see the finished product of this! i know it will be such a great place to be in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I have had more fun this time putting the nursery together, and it's because I've done more DIY and personal touches to it than I ever did the first time around. I wish I would have had more fun with my nursery the first time... I guess that shows how much my tastes have changed in four years! :-) and of course, my nursery is even more complete with my custom-painted canvas from Hello Hue! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love! i think day dreaming & planning a nursery were my favorite parts of being pregnant. my 'big boys' (3 & 5) room is also adventure themed...cause i think all little boys need some adventure (& a little fantasy) in their life. i adore those prints. i'll have to put them on my 'want' list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE THIS. I've seen very few nursery themes that I like, and I LOVE your idea. I might be borrowing some of your ideas someday when (hopefully) we have our own babies on the way. Lovely ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the baby boy nursery items... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have such a good sense of style and color. I wish you could come do my baby's room. I have these visions but they aren't coming together how I wish they would!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love the adventure theme, I think that's pretty perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a fun theme for a nursery - I've never seen anything quite like it. I love it! And thanks so much for including my print. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! I have the "be kind to others" Katie Daisy print in my daughter's room. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! I can't wait to see how you put it all together. You have such a great eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  18. also LOVE the chair!!! We have one and it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving your picks!! Looks like it's going to be adorable! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your color scheme, and that rug is perfection! Thank heaven for little boys. :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love your style! I can't wait to see how that room comes together for your little boy. In all honesty, boys are just so incredibly fun! So excited to see this part of your adventure fold out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Reading this makes me a teensy bit sad we're not finding out what we're having...but still excited to be surprised! My favorite is that crib sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the chevron rug! I am so glad you're doing a fun and different nursery. I definitely don't want boy=blue and girl=pink - bright and colorful is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the colors you chose! i dont know if im having a boy or girl yet but i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am in love with this nursery theme!! What a great personal meaning if has to you guys...all of the prints are great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts