aloha style:: calm before the storm


headband:: {much love illy}
vest:: {cinnamon girl}
dress:: {global village}
leggings:: {mahina}
sandals:: {payless}
nail color:: turquoise and caicos




 I feel like all of the same thoughts are running through my mind lately, so forgive me if my posts are a bit repetitive lately. Doing my best to soak in the sweet joys our Hawaii home while at the same time getting really excited about some fresh change. Also doing my best to soak up this me + you thing with Chris before this little one comes and I get to have my arms full of both my boys. I suppose you could say (and I would say) that this is the calm before the storm and our whole life changes in just a few short months. It makes me wonder how much (or how little) these changes will change me.

When we moved to Hawaii, Chris and I were freshly married and just starting to learn how to be husband and wife. I've grown a lot here in Hawaii (not just in the belly) and have learned much about myself, my identity as Chris' bride and even more so, my identity as Christ's daughter. I'm excited to see how I grow as we approach our second move, a new baby and a period of time where Chris will be around more than he ever has. (Which reminds me... I need to pick up my journal and write more often.)

In an attempt to take advantage of every bit of sunshine in the next few weeks, we drove up to the North Shore last night so Chris could get some sunset surfing in.  I love these fields that we pass on our drive up there. I think I'm going to try to get more photos by my most beloved spots before we leave...



   lindsay

Comments

  1. thank you for sharing your heart. I'm glad you are taking time to enjoy your time as a couple as well as your last times there in Hawaii. Definitely write more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful preggo momma, Lindsay! I hope your move to FL and time in MN does well for your soul and your new little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! You've definitely inspired me to wear more vests like that lately. I only have 2, but they are getting worn a lot!

    A baby changes so much. I feel like since we've gotten married and had Braden that I've changed a ton. Some times I feel like a completely different person.
    There are good things about it, but definitely things I don't like. Definitely makes me grow and trust in God more. The change is good when it comes to having a little one... they make your heart grow so much and I really didn't know what joy was until I had a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! So excited for you guys, babies are just so so so awesome. They definitely turn your life upside down but add SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i miss you! p.s. love seeing you rock some much love, illy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are glowing! Such beautiful pictures.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm. Yeah. I totally understand what you are going through! We are only 4 days apart. I've been going through a lot of the same freak out moments :) I wrote about it in a recent post... so much is about to change-- all good-- but definitely trying to just soak in that time with just the hubs. Praying for you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful Lindsay! Love these photos. Definitely soak up the couple moments...but even sweeter times are ahead I'm sure ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh those fields on the drive up.... SO happy i was able to experience that, so I know EXACTLY what you're talking about :) Dear friend... so excited for this new change that's going to take place with you/within you soon. Motherhood is a whole new stage of refining! I just know God is certainly going to bless you during this time of transition! hugs and love you to my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures, as always! I will miss seeing the beautiful scenery in your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so great! Love the strapless + vest look!

    I love that you are really trying to live in the moment and cherish Hawaii and being a family of two now. With my first pregnancy I feel like I was just so anxious to meet the little guy that I was always looking to the future instead of being content with the now, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindsay, I absolutely LOVE the second photo. How beautiful!! You really should frame that one in your home!
    I think you will be just fine through the changes that are coming up for you. Just keep leaning into Jesus and accept and embrace change! All blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors of that dress! So beautiful and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous lady! I love your whole outfit. Enjoy soaking up Hawaii! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, sunset surfing sounds like it would be so amazing (that is, if I knew how to surf, which I totally wish I did). You look so absolutely gorgeous, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Hawaii is always going to be a very special place for you and Chris and I think that is just AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't know how I came across your blog, but glad I did. :)
    I'm just a few weeks behind you (I'm at 18 now), and it's fun to see what I have to look forward to. Your maternity style is FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts