beach bonfire

A few weeks ago, a group of our closest friends got together to say goodbye to one of our buddies who was moving back to the mainland. The guys piled up firewood on the sand as the girls chased little ones and as the full moon rose, we roasted s'mores and hotdogs for dinner. The guitars and ukuleles came out and we stayed until almost midnight. Babies were passed around to aunties and uncles and s'mores techniques were shared and perfected. 

It was one of those perfect nights with friends and I sat back and soaked up the goodness, afraid to blink and find myself at our own goodbye bonfire. 


Our friend Nick shared these photos with me that he captured. They're amazing and I love the way he caught the majestic sky and our little bonfire underneath. Nick and Rachel are super talented photographers (check out their website!) and you've seen Nick's awesome graphic design work in his shop, Everything is Jake. 









    lindsay

Comments

  1. What great pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live there! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Love the pic of the starry night above the fire. What a truly magical night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is such a sweet memory. I've always wanted to have a beach bonfire and this just makes me want one even more. Summer come soon:)

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful memories with friends, and a perfectly beautiful night! what a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA! those photos are stud-ly. how did you do it?!?! pretty please with sprinkles on top tell me how ya did it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! You'll see above the link to my friends' photography and graphic design website. He's a super awesome pro photographer and these photos are his. I'm sure he's got all kinds of fancy tricks up his sleeve. ;)

      Delete
  8. That bonfire looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, amazing photos...bonfires are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these photos are incredible! Those stars!! And clouds! Your friend is definitely talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up on your blog.... these photos are absolutely stunning. I am so inspired to try some nighttime photography!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts