oh baby:: 24 weeks!


Ok, that's a lot of pictures of the bump. But I've gotta keep my sisters back on the East Coast in the 'bump loop'. I hate that they're missing basically my whole pregnancy, but I'm super excited to see them all in just a few weeks when we visit Maryland! 

We had our 24 week appointment this week and Silas is growing strong! While we were listening to his heartbeat, you could hear the whooshing sounds of him wiggling around. Kiddo likes to move. I think Chris is a bit afraid of how active this boy is going to be when he gets out here. ;) 

My heartburn has been killer this week. Anything will set it off and I've even woken up in the middle of the night in pain because of it. My OB prescribed me Zantac this week and the past two days have been heavenly. I feel like a normal person again! Hallelujah for modern medicine. 

Thank you, thank you for all your kind words on our little man's name (if you missed that post, check it out here!) We love it even more after sharing it with our friends and family. Still trying to figure out how to spell his nickname-- Si/Sy/Sai? As a Spanish major in college, "Si" looks like "see" to me, but it's it fits the spelling of his full name. I dunno. 

Things are about to get real crazy around here as we prepare for our move. Gotta figure out switching doctors, birth classes in Florida, and those little details that go along with that. I'm excited about the birthing options open to us in Florida-- much more so than here, so that is a great blessing. 

Off to get the lil' dude a second breakfast. The strawberries in the fridge are calling my name. 


    lindsay


Comments

  1. you've got such a cute bump :)

    i see how si could be "see". but i still think it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good mama! Glad you'll be moving closer to family, it's hard to be super far away when you have kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits are always so cute!! Come to San Diego instead and be my person stylist!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i certainly don't mind the bump pictures...you & Si (i vote for that spelling) are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see his name being spelled either way but spelling it with the Sy, would definitely help him not be called See-Las in school or doctor's offices while in Florida...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're definitely spelling his full name Silas-- just pondering how to spell the shortened version. I'm not a huge fan of messing around with spellings of names-- especially classic or Biblical ones! ;) I definitely see your point about Florida though, but we're there for such a short time, I don't think it'll matter too much!

      Delete
  7. I love all that color on your sweet bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to follow you a while ago...before the new blog and back when I had a different blog. I was surprised to see a baby bump on you, but its so fitting. You look lovely! Can't wait to meet Silas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it's already time for another bumpdate! I feel like your pregnancy is flying by....much more so than my own. ha!

    You're a doll, as usual. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have friends with a son named Silas and they call him Cy. Spellings not even close but they ALWAYS call him Cy so it works for them. You look cute with a bump and I'm sure he'll be a cutie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i vote for Si too! i feel you though with the nickname spelling. i still haven't decided what i like best for Sofia and she's almost 2! i think i've settled on Sofie...for now :) can't wait to kiss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for you, Lindsay!
    Enjoying the little updates on how things are going and how the little fellow is growing.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love your photography. I especially love the first photo & the one of your night stand with the baby books & tums!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like Si myself... I think it looks good. But I took French and ASL so what do I know? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute baby bump! I can't believe you are so far along already. It is going by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think i have eaten 79 quarts of strawberries--we are on the same page there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO cute!!! and i love the name silas. We find out the sex of our baby today!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Same thing for me, "Si" looks like "see". So, I vote for Sy. It just looks like it makes sense, even though it doesn't match the spelling. (My little girl is Eleanor, but we call her Ellie, adding an extra "l" and an "i"... I think it's ok to switch things up a little for nick-names.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. We're mulling over boy names right now and Silas is a fave, but alas it's a friend's son's name and we don't feel like we should steal it :( I like the spelling "Sai" - super cute! And I LOVE the color combo you're wearing in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read baby laughs too it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know it's not an outfit post, but where's your top from? I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! did you paint the painting above your bed? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your colorful wardrobe is always so fun! I had killer heartburn with my pregnancies, as well. I had to take a couch cushion to bed with me so I could sleep propped up! Glad the Zantac is helping you out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts