oh baby:: 23 weeks!


Not much new to report this week. I guess I'm a bit confused because apparently the second trimester is supposed to be the easiest, but some days I swear Chris thinks I'm dying by the way I huff and puff. Getting around is just not as easy as it used to be and I'm having a hard time realizing that I can't jump up from the couch like I used to, or plop into a chair, or even bend over to pick up something on the floor. If the second trimester involves this much huffing and puffing, I can only imagine what the third will be like! 

Highlights of the week are many. Several times this week, the baby has kicked Chris in what seems like a very deliberate way. One night we were watching tv and Chris' elbow was resting on my belly and the baby kicked hard right where his elbow was as if to say "Hey Dad, stop squishing me!" Moments like that fill me with amazement and I can't decide if I want to laugh or cry. 

So I usually do a bit of both. 

Hearing Chris have silly conversations with the little man does that to me too. I can only imagine the giant puddle of mush I'll turn into when I see him holding his little boy for the first time. 

Speaking of the babe's movements-- jeez louise, he's a fiesty guy! I feel so privileged that I get to feel him all day, every day. His movements have become so much stronger now and are not just kicks, but I can actually feel as he somersaults and does laps in there. I swear sometimes I feel a leg or foot or arm slide along my belly. So crazy. 

Still working on a middle name. It's been kind of sweet keeping his name to ourselves for a little while though. 

I'm excited about the baby showers that some sweet friends and sisters are planning for the next few weeks/months. We're so blessed to have so many people all over the globe that love this little guy and are excited to celebrate with us! 

Time is flying by. It won't be long before we're packing up and saying goodbye to our island home. Oh don't get me started on that, I might get to crying again. 



   lindsay



Comments

  1. Awww!!! That's the best ever when the husband can actually feel the baby kick without having to hover over you with his hand in just the right place and you staying as still as you can! I'm so excited for you every time I read your updates, you're already such a good attentive mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I think that's cute that his kicking is deliberate like that! It sounds like you're going to have a very feisty, adventurous little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely precious!!!! All belly!
    Love how you wore the belt above your belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sweet. You look adorable, still! Feeling babies move inside of you is THE best feeling.. the only thing that would make me want more! (but that ship has sailed) So excited for you & Chris. And, I'm loving following your progress.. so much fun. You just look really, really HAPPY!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I always love to see the outfits you put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have got to be the cutest pregnant woman ever! Seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are adorable!! also, i am loving that couch and blanket! ikea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the couch is IKEA, but the blanket is a vintage buy from Etsy. :)

      Delete
  8. Pregnant curious minds want to know - where's the top from?!?! (and does it come in more colors too??) Spill!! :-) Also, good luck with your upcoming PCS - we've started slowly closing out the house, cleaning out the freezer and had our walk around with the rep from the moving company. Of course, we're only moving down 5 hours from our current duty station. You guys have a bit of a longer trek...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, it was a gift from my mama, so I'm not sure. I'm going to guess Kohl's. It's got a really pretty lace back too! Good luck with your move-- hope it all goes smoothly!

      Delete
  9. you are so cute! wish i could rub your lil belly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look adorable! The first paragraph are my sentiments exactly! I was just telling my husband today that I seriously have no idea how I will get through the next 16 weeks!! I love all the movement, too-- isn't it the best!? Love your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh you're so cute! going by fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those pictures, you look so pretty! Also, love you hair and might just have to use it as some inspiration for my next haircut (a great debate that will be posted on my blog tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh, let me know if you cut it! I'm always a big fan of the chop. ;)

      Delete
  13. girl, you make pregnancy beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, you just made my day. Honestly, though, sometimes I feel like a bib tub of lard, so that seriously means alot, Sonja!

      Delete
  14. Funniest thing when I was pregnant was when my son had the hiccups-so strange, but awesome at the same time! Safe travels when you move-just a state south from me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That first pic is so cute! What a happy mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your outfit! Where oh where did you find that belt? It is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blog! I found it through Instagram! :) Anyways, where is your shirt from? And is the tank underneath it separate? Its so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. just found your blog so i had to scroll thru to find 23 weeks which is what im at now. i laughed out loud at your first paragraph. husband just asked me last night if i was having trouble breathing. HA! i was trying to get up and down from the sofa and it was taking WAY more energy then it ever has.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,
    Really it is a nice blog; I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about canada movers

    ReplyDelete

  20. Movingis always thus thrilling!! I really hope the up coming duty place is close to an enormous area... absolutely skip the city life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts