Inspire Me Monday: Waking Up to Happy Colors

It's baaack! I know it's been forever since I posted an Inspire Me Monday post. I've been pretty focused on my Etsy shop and working on my artwork lately but I'm super excited to tackle a few projects around the house soon! First up, a bedroom makeover! I'm pretty tired of our dark peacock blue curtains and ready for a change! Before I show you my plans, here are a few fun, colorful bedrooms that I've been loving lately.

If I could wake up to one of these bedrooms every morning, I think I'd be happy girl, no doubt. 






Sources:: 1234

And now for the plans for our bedroom! We'll keep a blank canvas of white walls and our black IKEA Hemnes furniture. 



1. Sunshine medallion shams from Urban Outfitters:: I looove these shams. They're the perfect combination of pattern and color. I'll be keeping our crisp white duvet and let the shams add a pop of happy color to the bed. 

2. Curtains from Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow fabric line (Herringbone pattern in Pond):: I'm going to buy some fabric from Etsy and attempt to make curtains. :) That should be a post all on its own! 

3. I love this Bloom table lamp from Crate and Barrel. Something about the beautiful "grellow" color and curvy shape makes me smile. A little out of my budget, so I'll be sticking with my Pier One lamps, but I'm thinking about spray painting them!

4. Aren't these vases from dahlhaus on Etsy beautiful?? I would love to have one or two (or eight) of these, in the Saffron, Summer Sky Blue or Turquoise Green colors. 

So, what's your bedroom decor personality? Do you prefer more mellow blues and greens? Calm neutrals? Or do you like to wake up energized with a burst of color? 

Hope your Monday brings you lots of smiles!


Comments

  1. I'm an English "Laura Ashley" girl in the bedroom (decor : )

    They are quite expensive, so I wait for their sales to pounce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would be happy too. I really love all the colors in each photo. So fun!

    My Master is still in the process, but we have gray walls and im going to add in bright accent colors [white, yellow, turquoise and some pinks].

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay,

    I LOVE inspire me Mondays! I got married a year and a half ago (still newlyweds :)) and I feel like we are taking on projects one by one. With your designs, I get excited to try to ideas!

    Keep these up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaaand now I need to redecorate our bedroom! Since we live in an apartment, we're pretty limited on wall color (which makes me SO SAD). Maybe I'll try some bunting or pics hung up on string to add some color. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inspiration photos. I am in process of redoing our room. Planning on a beachy,cottagey look.
    Going with aqua,yellow color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pops of color against white. I just did a makeover for our bedroom. It was so much fun and our room is now my favorite room in the house! I blogged about it a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love every little bit! Can't wait to see your transformation. I'm working on a herringbone post for later this week. Been pretty addicted lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cannot wait to see your finished bedroom! I LOVE those colors and love that you are still sticking with a lot of white - it's going to make those colors pop out even more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you have picked out!! Love the colors! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsay, I've been thinking about painting our bedroom a grey-blue and adding some grey-greens in for decor (and white, as our duvet cover mostly is)... but I'm liking your white walls as backdrop, leaving you the freedom to change the look of your room at any time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmmm, LOVE that find of the bed w/ the bunting on the backboard. So rustic and fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the one with the cat. The aqua colored wall with the cute daisy/floral covers. The bed frame is great too!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that first photo is my fav, but i'm really loving all of them. you should definitely think about spray painting your lamps. i did that with our bedroom lamps from target, and they turned out great, all without having to spend a penny (except for the cost of the paint, which was minimal!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh I love all of these bedroom inspirations! I am obsessed with bright colors, especially in bedrooms! How could you not want to wake up to bright colors every morning?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lindsay,

    Love the inspiration! Some of those headboards are amazing! I've had my eye on that C&B lamp for our living room for quite some time! Good choice :)

    Kate
    illustratekate.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm also a white walls/black furniture kind of gal, but I LOVE that image with the chalkboard paint. It would be fun to incorporate a little of that too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhh all those photos are sooo pretty.
    For a while I've wanted to do a bright wall (say, teal, something similar to the colour used in your theme!)
    and then pair it with our black furniture, a pretty black/white bedding and some more white accent pieces. I figured having black&white bedding meant no matter what wall colour we have, it will match.

    Now I'm second guessing...hmph. Your plans look lovely. I think we have VERY similar colour tastes :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. loooooveee those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm def. a more calm/neutral person, because if i'm worked up at all when i go to bed, it's tossing and turning all night long. BUT, i'd love to have bright colors all over my house; in the living room, kitchen, everywhere. yellow and blue? pleaseandthankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the floral patterns. So happy and cheery. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love that bunting banner room! it's super cute and fun! not sure marv would dig it though... LOL!! i love what you are planning to do to your room!! i totally need help in the interior decorating dept.. ours is like green and red.. ugh, doesn't even sound pleasant!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the duvet in pic #4...it's orange!

    I love the shams you picked out...and all the accessories. Sewing curtains is a great project, even with little or no sewing experience. I know they'll turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it! We have very warm colors in our bedroom right now and I kind of want a makeover. Just might have to go BRIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving all the beautiful colors, especially the teal! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts