Aloha From A Sponsor: No Wooden Spoons

 You know when you find a blog that just makes you smile. Cat's blog is one of those. She is a fellow military wife, painter and lover of color as well as a superb photographer and mama!

She has a beautiful Etsy shop where she sells her vivid paintings & prints and even uses her shop to give back. During the month of March, she is giving 20% of her shop proceeds to Sister Care, a shelter for domestic violence victims.

Find out more about Cat below and stick around for a suh-weeeet discount code at the end!





 Hey Cat! What are three random facts about you? 


A. I love to travel!! I love the butterflies you get when you are in an airport with your passport in your hand, ready to board a plane to some new exotic land! It's such a high for me! Also, a good thing I'm an Air Force wife stationed overseas. European travel will be taken well advantage of over the next few years! We're in Germany right now, by the way.

B. I wish I could sew. I do have a sewing machine, and I've made a few aprons, pillows, and one tote with it, but I wish it would come more naturally to me. I have a hard time with it and it's one of the crafts I would love to master one day.

C. I love the heck out of some Junior Mints! I'm eyeballing the ones on the table now, but I'll resist, for now!



You are so creative in so many ways! Do you prefer photography or painting as ways to express your creativity? 

Aww thanks Lindsay! Hmmm...I just had a discussion with my husband about this not too long ago actually. It's hard for me to choose. I've loved photography for longer (10 years since I took my first and only intro to photography class and that was with film haha!) The thing I love about photography is you can show a scene or object in a way that nobody noticed before. People are so busy with life sometimes that they don't take the time to look around them and see the beauty. I feel like my photography captures that, at least a little. Painting is just plain fun though!




What does the name No Wooden Spoons mean?

Haha!! Well I've always been a journal-er in some way. A real journal or a website (when we were stationed in England to keep in touch with family) And then a livejournal and now blogger. When I started my current blog a year and a half ago I was trying to think of something creative and unique to call it. I have this real aversion to wooden spoons. I HATE the way the feel and washing them is even worse. it's like fingernails on a chalkboard...ekkk!! One day "No Wooden Spoons" just popped into my head and it stuck! It's quirky like me. Even though it doesn't have anything to do with being a mom, military wife, photographer, crafter or painter. It's just me.



What is your favorite color and what do you think it says about you as a person? 

Hmm my favorite color seems to change randomly. I've always loved purple (I think that means I'm shy, I don't really know why). But, right now I'd have to say my favorite color is yellow. I think that means I'm happy and sunny and ready for Spring! I really love pairing yellow with other colors too! I just did a new painting with yellow and a raspberry color! 


How can you not smile?? Wanna smile even bigger? Use the code ALOHA for a whopping 25% off your order in Cat's shop, valid through the rest of March! Read more about Cat on her blog or go ahead and browse her beautiful shop!

Happy Tuesday, friends!



Comments

  1. love the cloud painting. she is talented indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interview! Cat sounds like such a nice person, and I love the shop/blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great post!!! You're beautiful and your blog is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! her prints are soo fun and colorful! great shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Cloud 9 painting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cloud painting is a new fave. just saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the interview Lindsay! I'm honored to shared me and my shop on your blog! Hi Aloha readers!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts