Studio to Home: Linsey's Damask Painting

One of my favorite things about selling my paintings is when I get to see where they end up in the owners' homes. And it's especially nice when my customer is a professional photographer, like Linsey and takes gorgeous photos that I get to show off. :) 

I showed you the damask painting I did for Linsey in October. You might notice it looks a little different than the version I showed you. After I blogged about it, we decided it needed a few more flourishes so I went at it again and ended up with this as the final version. I love being able to partner with other creative minds like Linsey's to come up with a painting that exhibits my style and their vision for their home. 

By the way, Linsey has a blog too where she regales us with hilarious and sweet stories about her kiddos. Check it out! And she also blogged about her custom Aisle to Aloha Studio artwork! 






We have the same initials. :)


Looks good, eh?


Apparently, I've been pronouncing "damask" wrong my entire life. I guess it's pronounced "DAM-isk" when I've been saying "Da-MASK" for years. Don't believe me. Webster says so. My world was turned upside down when I was told this. How do you pronounce it??

Looking for a some new artwork to grace your walls? I love working with customers on custom paintings! Check out my custom painting page for some ideas of my past work and style or my shop for current paintings being offered. Email me at aisletoaloha[at]gmail.com if you'd like a painting created just for YOU!

 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Lindsay, I really really love it! The other day my husband, who takes awhile to warm up to new decor in the house, said, "I really like that painting you got!" Yay!! I get so many compliments on it, I love when they say, "wow, that looks like it was made for you!" Yes it does, because it was! I had no idea that I was saying damask wrong, wow, now I feel like a dork! I learn something new everyday! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that painting! It's beautiful. I have always said Damask the first way (the correct way, I guess), but I always thought I was pronouncing it wrong because most people I know say it the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!
    It's fun hearing and seeing where your art turns up.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!! i am a HUGE fan of damask, so i am loving this a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so gorgeous!! How rewarding it must be to see it photographed so beautifully in someone's home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops! i've been saying it wrong as well!!
    btw-- LOVE the painting, no matter how it's pronounced!!!
    great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts