Repurposing Canvases into Cork Boards

Remember the cork boards I showed you in my studio tour a few weeks ago? They were really simple to make and I love how they turned out. 

I made them from... duh--canvases! I had these two long canvases that I had bought for super cheap (I think $3 maybe because they were a little bent.) Since I wouldn't sell them bent and didn't need any new paintings for the house, I decided to use them to make some inspiration boards for the studio. 

I used two 12x48 canvases, 8 cork tiles (I bought them at Walmart) and 16 clear push pins. I didn't want to ruin the canvases in case I wanted to re-use them later on, so I used the push pins to attach the cork tiles on the edge of the wooden canvas frames. 




So easy. I hung them up with my handy dandy 3M velcro strips. Of course, you could cover them in any fabric of your choice and I might do that later on, but I think the warm texture of the cork for now. 


(Hey, don't forget--I'm having a 10% off sale all week in my shop! Use the code ALOHA10 to redeem your discount! Sale ends on Friday, December 3.)

(Also! I'm 27 followers away from doing another giveaway from Aisle to Aloha Studio! You guys are awesome!) 

 

Comments

  1. i LOVE the cork boards - but im esp loveing the new look of your blog, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart. I love making new things out of old things! Just shared your project on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cork boards, and the blog redesign is AWESOME! It looks fantastic... I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts