Fresh Paint: An Abstract for Melissa

Aloha friends! How was your weekend? We did a little Christmas shopping on Friday afternoon, ate a delicious dinner at our Thai restaurant and went to see the Chronicles of Narnia in 3D. It poured torrentially all day yesterday which was fabulous napping weather, not so fabulous boating weather. But we went on a tour of Pearl Harbor (in a covered boat!) anyway with some guys from Chris' ship. What'd you do? 

I had such fun doing this custom painting for my high school friend, Melissa. She is a fan of the artist Amanda Stone Talley and wanted a special piece in that messy, abstract style. My own style of painting is a long way off from this but I was excited to step outside of my comfort zone and have a go at it. I'm constantly humbled by my customers who give me free reign with their paintings! Oh man, I love being a part of helping make other people's houses into homes. 

My favorite part of this is that the circles look like coffee rings on a table which is oh so appropriate since Melissa is a coffee lovin' girl. 








I love how it turned out and I'm so excited to see pictures of it once they hang it up in their home. (And I know they'll be rocking photos cuz Melissa is a super talented pro photographer!)

So, what do you think? Love it? Do you go for the abstract style or are you more into the clean and simple art? Or are landscapes more your thing?

Looking for a fabulous custom piece for your own home? Check out some examples of my custom work  and shoot me an email at aisletoaloha[at]gmail.com --I'd love to work with you to create a one of of a kind piece just for you! 

(Oh, and don't forget to enter the giveaway for my dahlia painting! Giveaway closes tonight and I'll post the winner tomorrow!)

 

Comments

  1. This is my all time faves :) you are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, I LOVE it!!! I have yet to see a painting of your's I haven't liked though... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have extremely eclectic taste so I like pieces from a wide range of periods and movements, though I have recently developed a special affection for abstract art. I love Wassily Kandinsky in particular, and this would coordinate wonderfully with some of his pieces! This is such a great piece, and I have to agree with Abbie that it's probably my favorite as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! so creative. and i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds - it's so awesome, I can't tell you enough! So honored to have one of your pieces hanging in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, it turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!!!! You are so talented!!!
    I hope I win your fabulous giveaway!! :) Happy Holidays friend!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH! Amazing. You are so talented Lindsay! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  9. hold the phone! you are amazing woman! i love your work:)
    gina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts