From the Mouths of Painters.

I spent my entire Monday in bed. I wasn't sick, just lazy. :) Chris was on duty so I knew I didn't have to get the house clean or make dinner, so I just sat in bed on my computer and listened to the pouring rain and thunder. Ever need a day like that? It's good for the soul, I think.

Anyway, as I was searching for a quote for the bottom of my blog a few weeks ago, I stumbled across a lot of other great quotes. I think you can substitute almost any creative endeavor for 'painting' and they still ring true. 

Some are hilarious and some touchingly true--I thought I'd share. 

That stroke you are about to make on a painting is as much you as the next word you utter or the next breath you take. (Harley Brown)



Painting, n. the art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic. (Ambrose Bierce)

Painting is a source of endless pleasure, but also of great anguish. (Balthus)



I paint because I love to cut mats. (Arthur Alexander)

“The world today doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?” (Picasso)



(all photos via weheartit)

“I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it.” (Stephen Wright)


Are you getting back into the swing of things after the holidays? Chris' leave starts on Thursday so we're just gearing up for our holiday vacation! I think we might be heading to Maui for a little getaway after the New Year. :)



Comments

  1. I'm still out on vacation until later this week. I'm so ready to get back to the swing of things though. mmm...painting. This post makes me want to paint really badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quotes. I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Too much food and not enough rest makes this girl tired. Jealous of your getaway!


    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
    Small Town Ramblings Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful and colorful post!! maui for new years?! you lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these quotes! And yay for a little trip to Maui, that'll be so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the quotes are glorious! sometimes I have a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything but we DO all need days like that..:)
    enjoy your vacay-lucky duck! :)gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean, sometimes you just need a day off to rest and enjoy life :D
    BTW, the picture selection is awesome!
    Xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the feeling of a paint brush in my hand, but too bad my "art" never turns out nice haha!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

  8. من اجل خدمات اجود ومهام افضل واسعار ارخص من افضل شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض عليك ان تتعامل مع شركة نظافة بالرياض التي تصنف من اوائل شركات النظافة بالسعودية والمعروفة على صعيد شركات الخدمات المنزلية ككل من ركن نجد , فالشركة تقوم بتنظيف الشقق بالرياض وتنظيف المنازل و شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض , ولا تكتفى بتقديم الخدمة فقط بل تقدم ايضا احسن التخفيضات والعروض وبرامج الوقاية ومتابعه عمليات التنظيف من فترة الى اخرى بالاعتماد على اقوى عماله بشرية متخصصه في هذا المجال وبخبرة طويلة وبأسعار خياليه لن تطرأ على ذهنك من شدة انخفاضها وتناسبها مع كافة العملاء لذلك نحن افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    فاذا كنت عزيزي العميل ممن يرغبون في التعاقد مع شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض فلا تتوانى فى اتصالك اينما كنت فى اى مدينة بالسعودية حيث اننا نقدم شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام تتوسع الشركة في خدماتها لتقدم خدمة التنظيف ف :
    شركة تنظيف بجدة
    شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف كنب بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  9. من هي شركاتت النظافه هي شركات تقوم بعمل خدمات النظافه فاشركت ركن الاصال شركه متخصصه في غالم التنظيف وهي من فضل شركات النظافه في المملكهشركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة تنظيف بجدة

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts