Happy New Year! But First, Let's Review.

 Holy cow, I'm gonna warn you now, this is a long blog post. But it's the last one of 2010 and I want to review our adventures over the past year. It's been a great year and it was so fun going back through my old blog posts and pictures and remembering all that happened.

Click the links to hop to old blog posts and get more details!


January Chris and I spent the first two weeks of the New Year savoring each other's company before he headed off on deployment in the Pacific. I started art classes at Honolulu Academy of Arts...





February ... I quit my art classes at Honolulu Academy of Arts. Hated them. It was the best decision of the year. I survived the Tsunami. My little sister, Tori came to visit and we tore up the island. Chris did an 80 mile bike trek around the island of Palau. And he grew a skuzzy mustache. He thought it looked awesome. Me-- not so much.





March  I went to visit Chris in Yokosuka, Japan where we had a blissful week together in delightfully cold weather. We celebrated my 24th birthday a little early. Later that month, my parents came out to visit. It was so nice to get them all to myself (I'm one of 7 kids, that doesn't happen often) and to show them 'our' island.





April I started exploring my passions more this month. I began blogging and painting a lot more consistently. I painted my very first dahlia painting & got my first professional blog makeover. Also, I went to a Jack Johnson concert with lots of buddies. And I missed Chris a lot.




May We celebrated our first wedding anniversary! Apart. Also, Chris' 24th birthday. But the month was full of lots of preparation and anticipation because...





June... Chris came home! June 1st was a happy happy day, when I was reunited with the love of my life. We took a post deployment trip to the Big Island. Later that month, we competed in and won our first tandem surf competition!









July Chris was gone for the month and I was alone once again. So thankful for our mini-church and the Hawaiian ohana we have here. At the end of the month, I flew home to Maryland and got lots of wonderful time with my parents, siblings and growing- at- the- speed- of- light nieces and nephews.






August We met up in Rhode Island where Chris attended a school for three weeks. My artwork was featured on Young House Love and I was astonished at the traffic (and awesome new followers!) it brought to my blog.



September  I opened my Etsy shop, Aisle to Aloha Studio! It's been such a sweet ride and I've loved every bit of it! I also reached my 200th blog post, went to Maui with my girl friends and Chris and I enjoyed a super awesome air show.




October Not a lot went on in October. We got all gussied up for a Cirque du Soleil date, did a lot of sunrise surf sessions on the North Shore and I made a wreath.






November Six members of Chris' family came to visit for Thanksgiving and we hosted them in our tiny house! We also built a sawhorse table and I bought ceiling medallions for the living room.





December Christmas time! I battled with homesickness for a lot of the month and Chris was super busy with work. We are gearing up for another deployment, but excited for what the New Year will bring!


Whew! If you made it through the whole post, you are a saint and I love you so! Thank you for reading my blog--I'm so grateful for each of you that visits. It's been a blast sharing our adventures with you this year. Come back on Monday to read about my New Year's resolutions! 

Have a fabulous time celebrating tonight! Happy New Year, my dear friends! 

Don't forget--I'm having a New Year sale for Aisle to Aloha Studio! Enter HAPPYNEWYEAR15 for 15% off your order! :) 

Comments

  1. So great to look back and see the year, great post! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved all of your pictures - and you are just so stinkin' cute!!! looks like a wonderful year for you two. :)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR, friend! glad we got to "meet" this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Being a new reader, I feel like I got a crash course. Perfect! I hope y'all have a very happy new year out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I enjoyed looking back with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to look back on a very eventful year in your lives! Oh, and you did forgot to mention that in Nov that you were featured on the front page of AOL...just a small thing. :) Happy New Year sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great year!! Wishing you lots of love and happiness in 2011! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your year in review! I did one at my blog last night as well... tis the season, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! What a fantastic blog post recapping your year. Gearing up for another deployment must be so tough. I have a lot of military friends and you are all amazing!! God Bless you guys this year in your time apart. Hope this is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did make it through the whole post, and loved every bit! When does Chris head out on deployment again? How long will he be gone?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a very busy year! I like this idea for a blog. :) Happy new year! I hope next year is as eventful as the last one for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like so much fun! Glad you've had so much success in 2010 and wish you more in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great year!! loved all your pics and stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. girl, you are so so pretty!! sounds like a great year -- those reunion pics with your hubby are so romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i LOVED reading this recap girl!! you are soo beautiful!! here's to a happy 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like I know you now! It was a beautiful year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, my husband is a sailor too!
    Deployments are the worst, but homecomings are the best. Looks like all in all a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy new year! i loved looking back and reading your story of "quitting" too~ here's to knowing when to say no and focus on other endeavors! enjoy your start to 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts