it's the little things:: our own basil & happy artwork


Agh, I'm sorry I've been so sporadic on what time I post the linkup lately! I've been trying to stay off the computer while Chris is home lately, so if I don't get it done by the time he comes home from work on Thursdays, I usually don't have a chance to post it until Friday mornings. Anyhoo, thanks for your patience and for joining me here each week to share about the little things that have made us smile this week. 

Chris has been working on his "farm" as he calls it a lot lately. ;) We have pots with fresh basil, mint, bell peppers, chili peppers, cilantro, and lemongrass growing in our backyard. I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce yesterday and loved using our own fresh basil from the "farm" in the sauce. The aroma of those freshly picked herbs is so heavenly. 

We bought some good olive oil and macadamia nuts the other day and plan on trying our hand at some "mac nut pesto" this weekend! :) 


I've been slowly working towards getting our bedroom together. Of course now that we're only months away from moving, it seems a bit pointless, but I know I'll carry over most of the elements in our future homes. I love having a bright space filled with happy color. These two prints below are right across from our bed and greet me each morning when I poke my sleepy head out of the covers. The one on the right is from Katie Daisy, who is one of my very favorite artists, and the one on the right is from our good friend here in Hawaii, Nick, who is a graphic designer and sells his awesome prints in his Etsy shop, Everything is Jake

More details and a full  bedroom tour is coming up soon! 


A few more little things that I don't have photos for but made me smile nonetheless::

... My car passing the safety inspection without a hitch recently. What's even better-- we don't have to deal with any registration or safety inspection stuff here in Hawaii again! Hallelujah!

... Listening to recordings of old hymns from when Chris lived in Fiji. The joy on his face hearing his host family and the people he loves there singing and worshipping made my heart leap.

Now it's your turn. What are the little things that made you smile this week? Post about them on your blog and link up below, or tell me in the comments!



party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).










Comments

  1. Those prints are beautiful!
    I'm moving this year too, but that doesn't stop me from decorating it... just a little ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some super healthy basil! I can't wait to start growing our own little garden, I just need to get some supplies. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo jealous of fresh herbs right now! Love stopping by your blog- it's always so sunny & happy and makes me feel warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm linking up for the first time today. :) Thank you for introducing me to Nick's etsy shop. I'm definitely going to purchase the Waialua, HI print for my dad who used to work for the Waialua sugar company! Your Na Pali coast print is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how bright your bedroom is! I WISH I could get that much light in my house on Hickam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun. This is my first time "joining the party"... hope to become a regular! I'm definitely an advocate for appreciating the little things in life and look forward to meeting some new friends too! And since I'm totally new to your blog -- where are you moving!? {Pregnant & moving... lots of changes!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. two weeks linking up in a row?! i must be crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm fresh basil! Delicious ;)

    www.alifeinthefashionlane.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That macadamia nut pesto sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear how it turns out. Katie Daisy is also one of my favorite artists. That Emerson quote currently hangs in my daughter's surf themed bedroom. I also recently bought the Save the Seas whale print but need to pick up a frame for it. Hope you have a great weekend Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a mini-farm! Your bedroom colors look so inviting and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE fresh, home grown herbs. <3 Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts