it's the little things:: bloggy friends & lost and found


It's Friday, party people! I know that the first week back after the holidays is always tough, so take a deep breath and relax. Or kick off your shoes and dance around the room. Or both. Whatever. 

It's been a little while since my last Little Things linkup. I've got lots to be thankful for over the past few weeks. Here are a few great ones from this week. 

... meetups with blogger friends! I got to meet Aime for coffee yesterday and we sat in Starbucks for almost four hours chatting about everything under the sun. Three years ago, I would have totally balked at the idea that I could share my heart over coffee with someone I'd only met on the internet. This online community leaves me speechless sometimes. 




... So, the other day, on his day off, Chris spent the afternoon washing, scrubbing and cleaning out our filthy car. That was a blessing in and of itself-- to have a squeaky clean car this week-- but what really pushed me over the edge into glee was that under the driver's seat, he found a lipstick tube I've been searching for for about two years. My friend and makeup artist gave it to me after doing my makeup on our wedding day and it's always been my favorite lipstick. To have it returned to me after such a long time made me smile really big this week.





What little things have made you smile this week? Link up your posts below! 



party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).




Comments

  1. Aw, I'd love to meet a blog friend in real life! Although I'm super duper shy.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for meeting blog friends! And long lost lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, finding lipstick is amazing after you've lost it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so jealous you two got to meet - and i love the lipstick story. :)

    happy friday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I agree with a previous post, I would be so shy {lol} although how fun would it be to meet some blogging buddies in real life. -Not to many of them here in Florida though, booooo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg you got to meet aime!!??! that is soo cool!!! wish i could hang out with you both!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts