it's the little things:: kona mud pie ice cream & baby's first portrait

This linkup/series continues to make me grin. I love taking a few moments to think about the small blessings in my week that have made me smile and made the week just that much better. This week has been filled with lots of little things and has left me feeling grateful, loved and oh so happy.

... sweet indulgences. I have been known to find pretty much any reason under the sun to indulge. Deployed husband? Check. 100 sales? Check. No sales? Check. Pregnant? Oh, yes, definitely check. Cuz you know, the baby wants ice cream, right? ;) And this is the best ice cream eveeeer, my friend. Roselani's Kona Mud Pie.




... tiny surprises in the mail. My little brother bought me these earrings from joojooland on etsy for Christmas and they finally arrived the other day. The packaging was adorable and I am in loove. Thank you AJ! 

(He doesn't read my blog, so I could probably say all sorts of embarrassing things about him... but I'll refrain. ;)




... baby's first portraits on the fridge. I love seeing our ultrasound images on the fridge door every day. The top one is at 7 weeks and the bottom is at 10 weeks. So thankful for technology that allows us to see that gummy bear grow.





Got little things for the week? I'd love for you to link up! Or share what made you smile this week in the comments below. Have a beautiful weekend!





party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).



Comments

  1. i love those earrings!! you must be so excited about your baby!! i would be going bonkers! (no babies for me yet, but I'm ok with that :) ) i usually link up for "it's the little things" but i'm swamped with my first ever craft fair this saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    I hope to join the link up party next week! (I haven't linked up in a long while.)

    So precious to see the baby ultrasounds! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. my. gosh. Those earrings are gorgeous and they are SO you!!! And that ice cream sounds freakin' heavenly!

    Your little one is SO CUTE!!! <3 I love that y'all put his/her photo on the fridge, awwwwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing to link up, just wanted to say that's one cute baby:) You gotta do the 3d ultrasound, its so amazing. Too see the babies little face and check blood flow to the heart. I couldn't resist, its the heart mom in me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those earrings are so cute. Love the colors!

    Some of the best photos ever, huh? Smiling for you as you begin this mama journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is my very first time linking up. to anything. at all. woohoo!

    also, SUPER excited about your baby news! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want some of that ice cream, I LOVE Kona! Very jealous!

    P.S. I'm giving away a wish bracelet today courtesy of Vivien Frank. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for first portraits!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Isn't Roselani the best?! Maui No Ka Oi...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute earrings, and that ice cream looks amazing :) So excited for you guys and your new little baby! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so embarrassed, in my easily distracted bouncing all around way I totally missed your "rules" for the link party and linked my main page. I just noticed as I popped back in on my lunch break to check out a few blogs. My sincere apologies and it won't happen again... Happy happy Aloha Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! i linked up for the first time in months :)
    your babes pictures are SO sweet <3 i am still so darn happy for you & Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My baby wants a lot of ice cream, too!!! (ahem....)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yayyy for ultrasound pics! so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yay! My commenting is working again! Anyway, so excited to finally link of with your post! So so happy for you guys and can't wait to keep seeing baby bump pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That ice cream sounds delicious! Mmm! And sweet unltrasound pics are definitely reasons for joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to just flat out thank you for showing me that ice cream -- we bought some at the commissary over the weekend and I am in LOVE. Sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Roselani makes some of the best ice cream... love supporting the local companies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have that same magnet on my fridge from my honeymoon in Hawaii 10 years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello there, You have done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this website.
    Moon Sand Deluxe Sand Kit - Barn Yard Fun

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts