it's the little things:: ballet slippers & renewed creativity


Sometimes I have too many little things to fit into a blog post. This week is one of those times. I just feel blessed. Amidst some arguments with Chris, a crazy pregnancy moment, nasty headaches and the fact that our orders/plans for the next few years are once again up in the air-- there are so many little (and big!) things that have left me smiling this week. 

... a new favorite nail polish shade. Ballet Slippers from Essie is a sweet baby pink and I love love love it. 




... a brand new notebook (a gift from my brother-and-sister-in-law!) from wit and whistle. I love the anticipation of the blank pages and scheming up how I want to fill it.





... On a whim this week, I rearranged my studio. My sawhorse table is now right under the big window and I get so much light. I love it. This quick rearranging did a lot for those creative juices in my brain (ew, brain juices... sorry....). I haven't really been doing much crafting lately, but I have a few projects I'm working on now and it feels so good to be creative again.




Sometimes it just takes looking for the little things in life to turn a week around. What are your little things this week?

I'd love for you to link up below! Pleeeeeeease (please, please) pay attention to what you are linking up. I've had so many people link up completely irrelevant posts lately and it really confuses me. I knoooow you know how to read. ;)  I just wanna see the little blessings that made you smile this week.


party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).



Comments

  1. Oooooo! I LOVE the nail polish! I would run out and grab some now...except it's kinda late. :-) Nail polish is indeed a little blessing. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essie ballet slippers is my daily color! I'm obsessed with it. Nothing better than a new, pretty bottle of essie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your Tweet about Ballet Slippers the other day so I decided to try it out for myself...and I loved it! Just letting you know I'm praying for your sweet family and the future - I know what it feels like to have plans up in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! It's just the shade I was looking for! Thanks for your prayers-- very much appreciate and so needed! xo.

      Delete
  4. what a cute notebook! Did you make that? How?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Noelle! No, I didn't make it-- it is from the Etsy shop Wit and Whistle. The link to the shop is above. :)

      Delete
  5. sounds like a great week :)love the pic of you journalling...self timer? i'm excited to join the linkup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally digging your sawhorse table! And like I've said before... loving the light in your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that nailpolish and notebook -- you have awesome light in your studio! Great sawhorse table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your new workspace looks pretty! i keep my desk by the window too :) and that book is adorable, few things make me happier than a new notebook ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, my little thing is cooking, it makes me happy! need to bake a cake at least once in a week :)
    hugss from London! ps. nice wrok space !

    ReplyDelete
  10. i moved my bench, too! mine was in front of the window but the glare was too much on the metal :-( be sure to check out my post - i did a new charm with our "one little word". let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite essie...can't find anywhere on Maui that they sell essie :-(

    I love that notebook too, will check out their etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute notebook. and i laughed when i read "i know you know how to read." HA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that nail polish color! Linking up a little late this week... but the button does not seem to be working. I will check back later and try to add it then. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only imagine all that you must be going through--my sister Christina just went through a very similar thing. Her hubby is Air Force...they met while he was stationed in Korea and she was living there, and then he was stationed on Oahu, where they got married. She was pregnant just as they were waiting to hear where he was being stationed next, and it was a really nerve-wracking, stressful time. He wound up at the Pentagon, but she had to stay behind in Oahu for an extra two months after her left to finish work--and flew to D.C. one month before my niece was born! Of course, once my niece was born it changed their lives and they are SO very happy. Of course, the military life is a rough one, still--he ships out to Afghanistan in about two months for a 6-month term. It's a roller coaster life, but I'm sure once you see you're beautiful child for the first time, it will all be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey mama! hope you are feeling good these days! ok, I at least hope you're feeling better! can't wait to hear an update on where you'll be headed next or IF you'll be headed anywhere! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an adorable blog you have! found you through faith blogs :)
    look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The little things keep me going throughout the week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts