Studio Sprucing & a Vlog!

Oh hellooo friends! Happy Monday!

 I woke up on Friday and walked into my studio, prepared to do some painting and was immediately depressed. It was a WRECK.

So, I had to do some sprucing. Which resulted not only cleaning out all the trash, piles of mail and random junk, but also adding a few fun pops of happiness.

(I am kind of bummed my pictures are kind of blurry because it was rainy out and the light wasn't good. So that's a little disclaimer for you... ha.)

I lined up a few of my favorite business cards on my bulletin board. One from MadebyHank, one from my friend (and Creative Estates roomie!) Moriah from Josiah's Nest and one of my own. I need more fun business cards so I think that means I *need* to do some more handmade goodie shopping. :)


I printed out this free printable made by Kim from Oh Sweet Joy and matted it with bright yellow cardstock. And I love that calendar from Letter C Design on Etsy. 


I made those paper flowers out of tissue paper and love how they add even more color to my studio. (As if I reeeally need more color with all my happy paintings in there... but I do. I always need more color.) 






So, I bet every one and their mother knows how to make these tissue paper poms, but I'm gonna do a vlog tutorial anyway. Because I didn't know how to do them until last week. So there.

Okay you ready for a little vlog action? :)








So there ya go. Now you know how I talk in real life. Bet you were wondering. ;)

I hope you have a fantabulous week, my dear friends!

Comments

  1. you are adorable sweetie!!! LOVE the tissue paper poms!! it's a great decoration for baby/bridal showers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun you are so stinking adorable and I love the pom tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so adorable! And thank you so much for the tutorial, I want to be able to brighten up our home since winter isn't being very helpful =-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Fun! Love your flowers..the craziest thing is in Jr High (yes, no middle school back then!) I made HUGE tissue flowers in hot colors and sold them in our local drug store. They use to display them in a art deco Andy Warhol bent coke bottle. wow, scary huh :) love, your mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're adorable!! :) I'm loving that you made this DIY vlog, I always saw the tutorials, but didn't try it. Now I now it's super simple...gonna do it tomorrow!

    Have a fabulous week girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO stinkin' cute!! Love the vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those tissue flowers, the colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually didn't know how to make the pom flowers, and now I really want to go make some! :) Thanks for doing a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The the video, adorable! Very cute idea, I would of had no clue how to make them so thanks for the info. I am going to attempt to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen the pom balls before. Thought they were cute, but never thought of them as flowers. I love them and I think I'll add some to our bedroom very soon! Thanks for the tutuorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those sweet flowers! I will definitely have to try my hand at making some of those... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I make these with my students in art class around v-day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love those cheerful flowers. (And I need some cheerful & bright-- esp in February in Seattle!)

    Thanks for sharing & happy monday to you too!

    <3 erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are CUTE! i want to make these for my bedside table :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! I'm way too scared to do a vlog... Go you! Those little pom flowers are so cute, I want to make them sometime now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. josiah and i loved watching your vlog during breakfast this morning! i really want to make those cute flowers now! I never knew how to do them! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the video! You should definitely do more! Thanks for the tutorial too! So simple and elegant. I have lots of tissue paper lying around, might try it out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just darling! I have a couple of fancy empty liquor bottles that would look fabulous with some bright tissue flowers for contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My 4-year-old watched this with me, and now she's begging me to let her make some. :)

    Very cute!

    Aloha,
    charlie

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a cute idea and now I can use some of the extra tissue paper I have at home!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your vlog was the last thing i watched last night... and then I dreamt about you. haha, just thought you'd like to know!

    Love the pom tutorial. I actually didn't know how to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll send you one of my brand new business cards! ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun idea! It seems to be a lot easier to make than I was thinking at first. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts