Mochi, Paddle-surfing & Pipe-smoking

No need to check your calendar. Yes, I'm posting on Sunday. I have so many posts I want to do this week, so I thought I'd start early. :)

Chris and I had a fabulous last week together. Ready for a photo heavy post about it? :) 

Have you seen The King's Speech yet? Awesome movie. It's even better when you burp really loud during a quiet, solemn part and can't stop shaking from laughing for the rest of the movie. (Yeah, that was sweet, lady-like me). 


We also had a blast waiting in line at Verizon. 



Thankful for a sweet date at our very favorite Indian restaurant. Oooh, I love lamb bhuna, tandoori chicken, naan and mango lassis! Too bad our waiter took not one, but TWO awful pictures so this is the the only one I have to document it. 


Have you ever had mochi icecream? If not, you are missing out! It's ball of ice cream wrapped in mochi, which is a gummy rice candy from Japan. We took a little side trip to Bubbies which is a super cute ice cream shop that sells mochi.



My faves are chocolate espresso, raspberry and lychee! :)



On Saturday, Chris had duty so I took sushi to him on the ship and we watched a Redbox movie (Red--that's another good one. SO hilarious!) I love sushi. 


After our last church service together on Sunday, our amazing church family gathered around us, laid hands on us and prayed for Chris' safety, quick return, and our marriage. It was such a sweet time with them and we are SO incredibly thankful for them. 

We grabbed some plate lunch and headed to the beach. I heart me some mochiko chicken!







Our last night together, we decided that we just wanted to spend time at home together. So, we picked up some goodies at the store and came home to grill on the lanai. 

We ate a delicious arugula and spinach salad with steak tips, gorgonzola, grilled pear and pomegranate seeds, topped with my homemade vinaigrette dressing. Paired with yummy Blue Moon beer. :) 



It was a special night, our last night together for a while and we had a sweet time together talking and sitting on the lanai until late. 

And Chris broke out his pipe, which I of course had to try. :) 




I love my husband with all my heart and am so thankful for the amazing time we got to spend together before he left. 



Enjoy your Sunday, my friends! 

Comments

  1. Awww, what a special last week together!! He'll be back before you know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how long is his deployment? what church do you guys go to? there's an ice cream place out here in Haleiwa that had eggnog mochi ice cream during the holidays. delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww looks like you and your hubby had a great time together.. and all that food.. YUM! I love Himalayan Kitchen in Kaimuki (is that were you ate the yummy indian food?!). AND Bubbies.. yummmmmmmas!!

    Well, I hope you and your hubby get to see eachother again real soon. Happy Sunday sweetie.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you two really lived it up before he left. Like I said, it's going to be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you two had a special week together before he left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish you lived closer, woman!! Fabulous post! You were able to capture whimsy, longing, wonder, and fabulosity all at once :)

    Will be prayin for Chris' return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet week together! Mochi sounds yum! I love Blue Moon beer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun time! happy sunday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great memories created to last you until June! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you two had a fabulous few days before he left!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwwwww looks like you had an awesome few days together, glad you were able to enjoy it!! and i totally need to check out that mochi place next time i'm in hawaii!! ahhhh the flavors look SOO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. praying for you!!!
    you'll be taken care of by your bloggy friends, i just know it :]
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are beautiful!

    and making me droll with all that deliciousness.

    i will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, this post makes me happy and sad all at once. You are so incredibly blessed to have a wonderful husband... I wish you both the very best and I'm sure you will be back in each others' arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, I'm so glad that you guys had such a fun week together before your hubby was deployed. :)

    I'll have to make a point to try mochi ice cream if I ever have a chance to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun week the two of you shared! We've been here a year and a half already and haven't been to Bubbies... I'll put that on our To Do List... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM I absolutely LOVE Mochi ice cream - especially when it's Red Bean or Green Tea. New to your blog and loving it! Just added you onto my reader.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    fashiontherapist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I. Love. Mochi.

    <3 Ashley
    www.ahastylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you had such a special time together! All your food photos look so yummy, and they're making me hungry...and I definitely need to go see The King's Speech!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful to see that you two spent some great quality time together before his leaving. gosh, i'm sure it was hard to say goodbye.

    lunch plate, fresh mochi icecream...yum! can't get that here in the south : ( makes me miss my visits to the islands!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog :) So sorry your hubby had to leave but thanks to him! You're living MY dream out there in Hawaii - I hope the time goes by fast!

    Nice to "meet" you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun day of memories! And yum...that is an eclectic menu of food!

    ReplyDelete
  23. always love your pictures... you look so happy! :) jordan and i went to see the king's speech this weekend; it was so good! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. so glad you guys got to spend some quality time together before he left. Looks like you had a great time, and yummy food to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! bubblers

    ReplyDelete
  26. It seems many people turn to vaping,vaping is really better than smoke,try lookah

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pipe is ok,while you will find Seth Rogen gravity bongs are better,check here

    ReplyDelete
  28. If you use hammer bubbler before,I think you will like it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts