Aloha From a Sponsor: Craftee McGee Jewelry!

 Meet Jacqui, aka Craftee McGee. :) 









Don't you just love that shop name? Jacqui's shop is filled with lots of beautiful handmade jewelry and accessories. I love all the colors she uses, from bright yellow and teal to sweet neutrals like cream and toffee. She also has an adorable blog where she talks about her life, family & artistry! I've enjoyed getting to know Jacqui and you get to know her a little bit today too! I posed some questions to her and this is what she had to say. 


What are three things we should know about you?



1. Relationships are the most important thing in my life. First my relationship with Christ, that I hope shapes every decision I make. Then my relationship with my wonderful husband Brandon. He really is my best friend, everyday {everyday is inscribed on the inside of both of our wedding rings}. I have also been blessed with fantastic friends and family, whose relationships I cherish!

2. I have self-diagnosed creative ADD. I cannot focus on one creative endeavor at a time! While my shop is filled with jewelry and accessories I also crochet, embroider, bake, scrapbook, restore furniture, sew, and make things for our home. It's a wonderful problem to have, except that it means our home is filled to the brim with craft supplies and works-in-progress!

3. I should have been alive in the 1950s. I have a strong desire to wear full skirts, aprons and pearls and have friends over to eat pot roast and play cards. {think I Love Lucy!} 



Do you remember the first piece of jewelry you made? What was it?
Yes! I used to have a bead loom that used seed beads to make bookmarks. I got bored with the loom so I swiped my dad's fishing line and used the seed beads to make a daisy choker and ring set. I sold a few at our school's craft fair in 5th grade and I've been hooked on jewelry ever since! {and I still have my dad's fishing line- sorry dad!}



what inspires you to create?
everything! nature, colors, and the people in my life! i have a new necklace coming to the shop that was inspired by some moms i'm friends with. another necklace coming soon was inspired by jewelry i saw on our trip to maui in january. many of the colors i'm loving right now {gray, cream and silvery blue} are inspired by the snowy winter of the northwoods. also i can always count on leaving inspired when i take a trip to the thrift shops in the area. usually furniture calls my name and asks to be given a new home and a pretty coat of paint!



What's your idea of the perfect snow day?
I love snow and I love winter! I've always lived in places that are 'too tough' to close down for snow (until I move away from Chicago!!) but if I had a snow day I would love to sleep in, eat baked oatmeal for breakfast and spend the morning cross country skiing with Brandon and the pup. Then we'd come home and I'd curl up next to B with a good book or some yarn and a crochet hook. Snow & cold make me want to create warm things with yarn! Then we'd watch West Wing all afternoon while something warm and hearty cooks in the crockpot!

What a sweetie, right? Jacqui is ever so generously offering Aisle to Aloha readers a 20% discount using the code ALOHA20 at checkout! And it lasts for a week! So hop on over to her shop and pick up some goodies! :) 


Comments

  1. Oh my gracious, what cute stuff!! I will most definitely be checking out her shop asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that someone else had creative ADD! Ms Jacqui, I have the same problem focusing one creative project at a time! But I think you do a great job at it-- your stuff is adorable!

    love the sponser post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts