Surprise Parades & a New Hat on My Head.

On Saturday, my friend, Krynn and I went into town to do a little shopping. We had forgotten that it was the Hawaiian holiday, Kamehameha Day, celebrating the late King of the Hawaiian islands and were excited to find the parade passing right by the mall! 



The parade was filled with beautiful horses and their riders representing the royal party and queen's attendants. Check out the exquisite lei and the braids in the horses mane!


I'm fascinated by the intricate designs of the hula dancers' traditional tattoos. 




oh man, I love parades, don't you? 

There were also a lot of local marching bands and it made me so nostalgic to hear the beat and rattle of the drums and see the girls spinning their flags. Did you know I was in color guard all through high school? My best friend and I were captains our senior year and I had to text her as those memories came flooding back. Oh high school...

So.

I've decided to start incorporating my outfit posts into some of my daily posts instead of just on Wednesdays. I'm really enjoying being creative with my outfits and I hope you guys get a kick out of it too. 

No, that's not me above, look down here, silly. 






fedora:: {Old Navy}
yellow button earrings:: {Reviving Remnants}
top:: {F21}
belt:: {TJ Maxx}
denim skirt:: { I've had this baby for ages and ages}
slippers:: {random store in the Annapolis Mall}
ring:: {Charlotte Russe}

I have been wanting a fedora for a long time now and I was excited to find one I like in Old Navy! My original outfit for the day was the top photo but after I bought the hat, I just had to wear it right away. The orange and brown plaid doesn't exactly match my floral top, but I like switching it up with my patterns anyway. 


Do you guys love parades as much as I do? What about mismatching patterns? 


lindsay

Comments

  1. I think we have the most state holidays of all the states?! We gotta! Especially ones that employers give off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color Guard!!! So many fun times! I've also been remembering those days a lot this week, bc our next door neighbor has been practicing in the front yard all week for the guard tryouts coming soon. And love the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay, that is SUCH a cute outfit! I love the skirt and hat especially. Don't ya love "re-making" older clothing pieces? I love the new look to your blog & etsy. Those colors are just adorable together...good choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun day! Your hat is cute. :)

    P.S. I LOVE your new header/branding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whaaaat!?! you were in color guard?! me too! all 4 years! and my best friend & i were co-captains senior year. i still have a flag & brandon laughs at me big time when i pull it out.
    also you look adorable in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your outfit posts more than most fashion blogs i click through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shut the front door! I just clicked over here for the first time since the blog remodel and I LOVE IT! Dang girl, that header is awesome! What a great look!

    And the hat is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just recently bought a fedora too and I love it. And yay color guard! I was even nerd-ier and was in the marching band all through high school. What good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hat...you're just precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That parade looks so so cool! Wish there were ones like that out here. I could never rock a fedora but it looks awesome on you with your outfit!


    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah... you rock my world! you're so cheerful; it's contageous ; )

    Jello

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was a drill team girl in high school! {our color guard was separate} Loved marching band season. Ahhh, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, such an adorable outfit!!! and i love the new look of your website! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! Seeing these pictures of the dancers reminded me of a wonderful family vacation we took to Hawai'i years ago. What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love parades! So much fun!
    Also you fedora is super cute & I love your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love parades. G-man's apartment is right next to the Ala Moana mall so we would go out on his lanai and watch the parade go by. It was the best memory ever, being able to sit and watch it from above!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your outfit!! you are so darling :)

    much love♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love parades, too! I've never seen a Hawaiian one before! Your outfit is awesome... your style is so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going back reading some of your blogs because I just recently discovered you lol but I was a Color Guard girl myself! I was captain my senior year also! (: I actually have the honor of working with the girls this year! (: I'm so stoked!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts