Paint Chip Garland for My Studio.

I decided a few weeks ago that the big window in my studio needed a little dressing up. I didn't want to put the time and money into curtains so I decided to make a colorful garland to add some color and whimsy.

I gathered a bunch of paint samples from my local home improvement store. Some people might not be too keen on taking so many paint samples, but um, I'm keen.

I traced out big and small circles using lids from various things around the house. And then cut the circles out with my scissors. You could definitely use a large hold punch to punch out the circles, but they're about $20.00 (at least here they are!) and I wasn't about to spend that much for this one project.


I taped the circles in a random pattern to yellow string and draped them over the window! They are held up in the corners by clear push pins-- I just worked with what I had. 




I love the bit of happy whimsy it adds! And you might notice a few new additions to my wall since I last posted about it. More on those additions soon. :) 

My studio is slowly but surely becoming the fresh, relaxing space I envisioned back when I started transforming it. I think it's almost complete and I can't wait to take you on a full tour in a few weeks! 


lindsay

Comments

  1. oh my goodness i love this so much.
    oh wait. i don't love it as much as i love you. muwah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! What a fun idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable!! i love all the cute DIY ideas involving paint samples that i've been seeing around the blogosphere. i actually made bunting out of them on a handmade card i made hubby for valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea AND I love that it was free! Would be tons of fun for a birthday party or graduation too ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea! I have tons of these laying around my house because my girls are always snagging dozens of colors they "just loooove" when we are at the store! ;) This would be a great way for me to get rid of them, um, I mean use them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I've seen a couple things like that on Pinterest. It's such a quick and easy way to add color to a room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is adorable. cute color choice.


    asktheduplex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a sweet little touch. I love it. Your studio is really starting to look nice. I'm jealous that you have one. Love the colors you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea. I'm not sure if I could swipe so many samples. I'd probably get asked what I was doing and feel really guilty. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool! i may borrow this when i move into a new apartment this coming fall up at school!! it adds some nice color with very little expense!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how funn! it would be cute if you cut them into heart shapes too. i'll have to try this some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your so clever, i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have seen a couple different clever little ways of using paint samples to create something unique and cute. this is definitely a new one, though.
    Very clever and very cute! Adds just enough, without going overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love it!! you have great color sense!! and i see my tiny hoop!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's such a fab idea!! it's soo you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this idea!!! It's so fun and adds a great little touch of color! ::runs frantically to the paint store::

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts