A New Painting for the Living Room!

I'm excited to show you the painting I recently finished for living room!

I was inspired by several things including my own interpretation of ocean ripples, one of my favorite artists, Heather Brown, and these paintings that I pinned on Pinterest.




When Chris and I started dating, he told me that his favorite color was the color of the ocean water over sand-- a bright, clear turquoise. I tried to capture that vibrance and I love the free flowing liquidity of each ripple. 


So, this painting was meant originally to go over our couch, but after I got it up there, I had a crazy urge to rearrange our living room, and so I did. And I actually kind of love how it is now. 

You get a little peek at one of the two vintage chairs I bought last week (can't wait to get some fabulous new fabric to recover them!). You can also see our trophy from the tandem surfing competition we won last June, and dried leis from numerous occasions over the past two years. 

Oh, and our tiny tv. :) 

I love switching out artwork in our house-- keeps Chris on his toes and satisfies my indecisive nature. 


lindsay

Comments

  1. Wow, I like it! And I like the rearrange and that piece you have the TV sitting on. And the vintage chairs. Everything!

    PS. I wish cross country/track and field trophies looked that stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! What a beautiful painting!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! So pretty, and vibrant....totally you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eee-he he!! I love it. I'm drinking it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the painting and I really love that chair...what an amazing find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You hit the nail on the head- Looks just like waves. Beautiful. LOVE, love, love it- oh and the new vintage chair...screaming for some fun, bright retro-ie floral print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your artwork! You're very good! I am right there w your hubby on the colors - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I think you picked the perfect spot for it...oh and BTW - love the new header :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that! The colors are some of my fav's! What do you do with the art when you switch it out? Do you ever sell it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love it! I love that color combo and it's great for summer;)
    Great jog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts