It's the Little Things: Beach Days & Homecoming Prep (And a Vlog!)

So many good "little" things this week. But really, they are big things.

The week started off pretty awesome with a day at the beach with my girl friends and their baby girls. Sunshine, good conversation and sandy baby toes -- um, pretty awesome.




I've been working on Chris' homecoming banner ( and other fun homecoming projects) all week. Not only am I high on the sharpie fumes, but I'm a little high on the "Chris is coming home, woot-woot!" fumes. Er, vibes, er whatever. 




I made homemade fries the other day. So freakin' good. And homemade dipping sauce too ( or as I accidently tweeted the other day "funny dipping sauce... not sure what that is.) 

I think I've been coerced by my twitter buddies to share the recipe-- so do you want it? I'll post it soon if you're interested, but I'll warn you, it's anything but healthy. 




There's nothing like writing a grocery list for TWO after months of shopping for one. I can't even explain how excited I am to start cooking fun recipes with Chris again. He's so fun to cook with and I sure have missed eating "real" meals! 



I just wanted to say thank you for all of the prayers, support and encouragement over the past few months. So I recorded a little vlog. 


Do I sound like you thought I would? I kind of love seeing videos of my favorite bloggers-- it's funny to see if they sound the way they sound in my head. 

Anyway, if you can't watch the video, it's just me saying..... you guys rock. I'm so thankful for this blogging community and the great support you've been to me while Chris has been gone. I really have felt so loved and supported by you-- so thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, tweeting me, emailing, etcetera. 

Hope you have an awesome weekend! I'll be busy smooching my husband the next few weeks, but never fear, I have some really fun posts lined up. ;)




lindsay

Comments

  1. That is a really sweet message : ) You have a wonderful and cheerful blog which brings as much happiness to your readers as it does support for you : )

    I am so happy for you and hope you both share a great welcome home : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited that Chris' homecoming is coming up! :) God is SOOOOO good, ay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overwhelmed with emotion for you and your husband!!!! People that experience deployment are super heroes in my mind. So happy that you'll be with him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My {future} brother-in-law is in the army, and he just got to come home to his family...so excited for you to have your hubby back! Thank you for the sacrifices you both make. {{hugs!}}

    P.S. Those fries look AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I loved your vlog! And I am so excited for you and I know you must just be doing cartwheels right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are even more adorable live! Who takes the pics of you? They are always stunning! Happy to hear Chris is coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, you're such a sweetie.
    I'm so, so excited for you to be reunited with Chris.

    I think we all owe you guys and the many other military families a HUGE thank you! YOU GUYS ROCK!

    Wishing you a wonderful homecoming, and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited he's coming home! You guys seem really sweet:) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for cooking again! There's nothing like cooking for 2. I really enjoy that.

    Have a great time getting everything ready for him coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsey, I love your blog. It is a great blend of you, your life with Chris, and inspiration. I just wanted to say that I am SO happy Chris is coming home for you. I have a lot of military friends or military wives and I never know what to say to them when they feel down because that is something no one can understand unless they are going through it and I have tremendous respect for everyone. It's a hard vocation but such a beautiful one for both Chris and yourself.

    Have a wonderful weekend and have fun preparing for Chris!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl, i have no idea why, but you basically made me tear up. we're always here for you & it was so nice to here that YOU appreciate all our love & support!! :)
    have fun with the hubs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, you are so stinking adorable & an awesome wife & and a phenomenal blogger! i'm so excited for you and the hubs!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! That's awesome that your husband is coming home soon. I love the welcome home banner you created, completely amazing and thoughtful. Just letting you know, I really want that recipe for those fries. They look yummy. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Jenny
    Can'tHauryWait

    ReplyDelete
  14. woo hoo thanks for the share! yay for your hubby comin home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww! So happy to see your vlog! Cuteness! Yay Sharpies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so cute! I'm so glad that Chris comes home to you so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww i am sooo excited for you to be reunited with your hubs again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The beach photo is awesome! Is the first time I see your blog, from now I will follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving your photographs! Can you let me know what kind of camera you use????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts