Aloha From a Sponsor: Nicole from Olive Blue


I had the privilege of meeting sweet Nicole, of today's featured sponsor, Olive Blue, in April at Creative Estates. This girl is gorgeous, inside and out and she's also really hilarious. Aaaand she makes really beautiful fabric goodies in her shop, like colorful clutches, sweet baby leg warmers and super comfy cowls (I have the one below and I wear it alll the time!) 

Nicole, meet Aisle to Aloha readers. Readers, meet Nicole. 





Hey Nicole! Could you tell me a little bit about your shop and the beautiful things you make? 

  Why, thanks for asking! OliveBlue was a vintage store at first. My dad buys and sells vintage items and he really encouraged me to share my love of vintage finds with others.  Then my loving husband bought me a sewing machine and the vintage slowly faded away.  I just adore sewing and fabric and am so blessed that I get to share it with everyone.  The things that I make are things that I use and love.  My baby girl wears leg warmers in every color, I use my wrist pouch everyday and on those cool, June gloom mornings, I sport a cowl.  I would not make something that I didn't absolutely adore and believe in.  I just find it such an honor when someone makes a purchase, It's one of the largest compliments in the world to me. 



What's the best piece of advice you've received regarding your handmade business?

  Just go for it!  If you want to sell your handmade wares, Do It! If you want to take your business to a boutique, Apply! If you want to network with other amazing business owners, Talk to them! Do not be afraid of growing your business, if you are not confident in your product, then how can you expect others to be?  If you fail, then you fail...and you go another route or try something different.  


All of us have those days when we just feel uninspired. What do you do to revamp that inspiration? 

Look at or buy fabric. Or just start cutting and sewing.  OR I invite some friends over for a crafting/sewing night.  Once I get going, it's hard to stop and the ideas and inspiration come from everything, it's when I take a break that I have to do one of the above to motivate the inspiration again. 


What's your favorite color and what do you think it says about your personality? 

My favorite color is green... It's been green for a very long time.  Although some might think it's turquoise, due to the fence I lug around to boutiques, but it's actually green! I think that says that I am fresh and spunky.  I like people and chatting, but I also like to relax and enjoy the scenery.  


Thanks for answering my questions and chilling with us today on Aisle to Aloha, Nicole!

Want more of Nicole and her sweet shop? 

Go hang out with her on her blog. 

Shop the goodies in her shop. 

Chat with her twitter. 

** Nicole has generously offered a whopping 30% discount to anything from her shop with the code ALOHA at checkout-- good until June 15th! Happy shopping, friends!* 

**Seriously, someone buy that blue cowl, then we can twins. **




Comments

  1. i found you via eisley rae on twitter.

    really cute post, it's fun to get to know the people behind the creations. i relate to making things you absolutely adore, i think so many these days disregard that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her stuff is cute. And I love her baby's hair standing straight up in the 1st picture. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 Nicole, and her wristlets are amazing! I own three and have two more on the way!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts