oh baby:: 26 weeks!


Oh boy. 

This week has been rough, guys.  Right now I'm sitting on our makeshift couch with my feet propped up on a plastic lawn chair and my back is throbbing. I think I'm trying to do more than my body is willing to support this week and it's definitely making protests heard. It's a tough realization that I can't do everything I used to do. And my very real feelings about leaving Hawaii and being in transition for a month are overwhelming at moments. 

I guess you could say I'm feeling pretty pathetic today. 

But...

I'm thankful.

Thankful that the pack out went smoothly on Tuesday. 

Thankful for friends who loan us furniture, pots and pans while we're in our empty house. 

Thankful for this baby boy who keeps me company each day and makes me smile like no one else. 

Thankful that our ultrasound last Friday went well and he is growing right on track! 

Even in the trying times, I know with all my heart that God is taking care of us. 

I'm pretty amazed that we're at 26 weeks already and by the time we leave Hawaii, I'll be in my third trimester. I'm over the moon excited to hug my family and let them feel Silas' wild kicks in my belly. To relax in my childhood home for a few weeks and spend time on the river at Chris' parents house. Looking forward to that rejuvenating visit before we head down to Florida to start our new adventures. 

Now I'm off to eat some cereal out of a tupperware container. :) 


lindsay




Comments

  1. you look adorable Lindsay! love the outfit, and this post. I hope you can find some time to rest and relax over the next week or so before you leave. soak up that beautiful Hawaii sunshine while you still can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you make this transition! Hang in there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is both physically and emotionally taxing and I feel for you...but what a blessing it will be to have your family and close friends with you as you enter your 3rd trimester! So happy for you in that regard. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are getting sooo big!!! and soo exciting how close you are to meeting silas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure u take some cat naps, believe me you will need them... Can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone!.,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are going to Hawaii when you are so pregnant. You go girl!
    xoxo,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Living the Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're sweet! I actually live in Hawaii! It's a great place to live while pregnant! :)

      Delete
  7. i didn't know you were going to hawaii...i thought you were leaving hawaii. ;)
    looking super cute as always and love your thankful list! hang in there, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so great! And how exciting that you're almost in your third trimester! Hoping that this transition goes smoothly for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could give you a great big hug! I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be having these big changes happen like this. Sending you good thoughts lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look wonderful... best of luck with your move off island!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are super cute... all the time. I hope you can savor and enjoy these last days. I loved your aloha list. And I hope you have a wonderful time at home!!! AND, I wish you all the best as you start out in Fl. Gosh, I remember reading your posts waaaaay back when you were on your trek across the US before even making it to Hi. Can't believe here you are having survived 2 deployments and leaving already... and preggo! Wow! So much has happened since I started reading you!! :) How awesome to see what God has done in and through you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there sweetie! It will be over too soon and you'll miss the current you. And yes you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize how pregnant I was until we moved this week. Oh my.
    My ankles are cankles...there's nothing to distinguish them apart. My fingers look like sausages.

    But there is nothing that beats the satisfaction of being DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow your belly seemed to pop out overnight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oohh I remember those last months of being pregnant... not easy at all. The aches, the pains, the emotions! Thinking grateful thoughts is the best way to battle stress & anxiety. So, you're definitely on the right track. =)Soon you'll be holding your precious boy in your arms. Love your outfit! You make being pregnant look like an enjoyable walk in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cant get over you and your cutie patootie preggo body. Silas is growing and you are glowing, Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts