homeless.


After 15 hours of scrubbing, scouring, vacuuming and steam cleaning, 2 swollen feet on this girl and 1 home inspection, we turned over our house keys and drove away from Aloha Avenue yesterday around 11am. 

We actually felt more relieved than sad after almost a week of sleeping on an air mattress and eating out of tupperware. We loved that little house and have so many sweet memories in it. But the stress of moving has been kind of intense (especially being 6.5 months pregnant!) and we're ready for some relaxing time in Maryland before we find our new home in Florida. 

And yes, we lived on Aloha Avenue. It was the perfect address and a little secret I've held for the past three years. Even our address was beautiful in Hawaii. 

We're in a hotel on base for the next few days while we wait for our flight out on Friday afternoon. Spending lots of time of time with friends and getting in some 'lasts'. Oh, and having a bed to sleep in is pure heaven. I slept like a rock last night. 

Thank you thank you thank you for all the prayers and sweet words this week. They've meant the world to us and we've certainly felt those prayers! 


 lindsay


Comments

  1. Aww it will be so much fun moving somewhere new! And Ive lived in Florida my whole life, the weather and beaches are amazinggggg. Good luck on the rest of your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a PERFECT name for your street! Enjoy your last few days in sweet Hawaii!
    So excited to see what's in store for you guys in the coming weeks and months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! How wonderful that you were able to live in Hawaii! I'd ask where you're headed to next but I'm sure if I check around on your blog a bit I'll read it somewhere :)

    <3 Daryl
    Roots, Wings & Other Things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope this is a happy change! I hate moving, but I love the freshness of something new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I hope it all goes smoothly, lovely! I know how much of a pain it is to move house, but not to an entirely new home! It sounds like you've had a wonderful time in your home; I hope you're new one brings just as much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to follow you on your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy these last few days! Pretend it's a little baby moon before the move! Maryland, then FL will bring new memories and lots of fun! AND A BABY!!!!! Prayers for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aloha Avenue! So perfect. I know you'll love it in Florida! Cheers to new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww yay for closure! I'm sure your sweet little home will be missed, but a new adventure awaits you in Florida. I hope you have rested up your feet, it nice to hear that you slept well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your new adventure! I am sure it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aloha Oe Lindsey the islands will miss you!! But you'll have a great adventure ahead of you!! You'll never know you guys might be back someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww aloha to aloha ave and your little house in hawaii. how bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm super sad that you guys that you can't live in Hawaii any more but SUPER excited you will be in Maryland! I'm from that area. Not that we will ever know each other (I wish :), but it makes me sleep better at night knowing a super cool blogger lives within 100 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, and praying that God will encamp angels around you and your family as you travel :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You'll love Florida as well!!! I KNOW IT!!! Also, Aloha Ave. Such a pretty name! I love whenever I see pretty street names... They're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though saying goodbye to Hawaii is so bittersweet, I hope you guys will have tons of fun moving on to the next great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aloha Lindsey and best of luck to you and your ohana!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your address was beautiful, but cheers to new beginnings! Aloha.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can only imagine what sleeping on an air mattress was like at 6.5 months pregnant! Enjoy your time in Maryland...sometimes going "home" is just what you need :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. hugs to you, dear! hoping everything goes well with your traveling/moving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts