road trip {cherry colas, spelunking and battlefields}

 Last Wednesday, during Moriah's visit, we headed up to the town of my alma-mater, Gettysburg, along with Chris' brother and sister in law, Drew and Lindsey. It's one of my favorite places in the world, especially at this time of year.







We stopped at my old coffee joint, the Ragged Edge...I saw a former Spanish teacher but had to avoid him since I was pretty sure I'd make a fool of myself if I tried to carry on a conversation with him in Spanish! 

Walked around downtown and stopped in some antique shops. Met a very strange shop owner...

Had lunch at my very favorite place, where I got "the usual"-- chicken cordon bleu sammie on pretzel roll and cherry cola with real grenadine...

Popped into campus where it was really strange to be back for one of the first times since I graduated...

Climbed on monuments and avoided $500 fines for it. 

The guys did some spelunking under the boulders at Devil's Den and got a bit stuck. 

It was really one of those perfect days, full of sunshine, good company and nostalgia. I'm so glad Moriah got to come visit-- she is such a sweet sister-friend and I'm incredibly thankful for her friendship. Oh, and baby Lucia is so scrumptious. There was much chomping of those cheeks. 



lindsay






Comments

  1. ok, i NEED to know what kind of sling Moriah is using in those pics, its too adorable. maybe you could ask, and maybe email me? mmmk thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll email Lisa. haha This post is making grin SOOO BIG! That was such a special day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun day, great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw! what an awesome trip! I'm so glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like the GREATEST time ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun, Lindsay! Your photos make me feel like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous pics girl. lover her freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Gettysburg! My grandparents lived in York until very recently, so I've been to Gettysburg many times. And I really miss getting a sandwich on a pretzel roll :)
    Your pics are so great, Lindsay! you really captured what a great time everyone had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok... so I thought I would be the only one here to ask about the baby sling, but I see Lisa beat me to it!

    I have a baby on the way and LOVE it!

    Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek looks like so so much fun! You are look super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The PUB! Sometimes I miss G'burg too. You know we lived on 4th Street? Good times. It is gorgeous this time of year. So fun to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sister-friends is right! You two LOOK like actual sisters, so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. these photos are all awesomeawesomeawesome.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. what sweet pictures- looks like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could Moriah's little girl be any cuter in that sling? so. cute. Looks like a fun adventure! I have also encountered a "strange shop owner" before! Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts