home.


It was really difficult leaving Maryland yesterday. I wasn't quite ready to walk away from the crisp weather, soft autumn sun and the translucent stained-glass leaves.





Isn't it weird to be homesick just as soon as you get home? My home will always be wherever Chris is, but my home-home is in Maryland, under those autumn leaves, surrounded by giggling babies and our big, beautiful family. So thankful for our trip to Maryland this fall. More pictures coming this week of our adventures. :) 

PS. I think my body is taking "home-sick" a little too literally. I've got some nasty congestion and ear aches going on. The three plane rides didn't really help. Hoping I recover quickly so I can jump back in to painting and blogging! 



lindsay


Comments

  1. These are seriously beautiful photos :] Glad you got to experience Autumn!

    Home is definitely who you're with, not where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Sorry you're feeling homesick, I know exactly what you mean. Hope you get into a groove soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos, lindsey! i seriously can't imagine living that far from my family. you are so very brave! xoxo ~Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are gorgeous! Hope you get better really soon! Can't wait to see more pics from your trip. Also, glad you're back! I've missed reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are beautiful. There really is nothing like being home and spending time with your family. So glad you had a good visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous autumn colors! :) Aw, I hope your ears get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are such gorgeous pictures!!! I hope you feel better soon, both homesick wise and sick sick wise. :)

    I think being homesick isn't so bad: it's just that you have so many wonderful memories, thoughts and warm fuzzy feelings for a certain place that you wish you were closer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maryland must be mourning your departure - it started raining this morning and it looks like its going to be a yucky day! How fun to see a blogger I love to read hanging out in spots I love and know so well. I sometimes forget that this state is your home-home! Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you captured the beauty of autumn. Your pictures are amazing. So are the ones from the most recent post. I love reading your blog and it's a treat everytime you post something new.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts