it's the little things:: our kiddos


I was going to write a regular little things post, detailing the things that have made me smile this week, but my camera battery is dying and apparently my charger is still somewhere in MD. So I don't have any photos of mugs of tea and $400 airline vouchers to show you. 

But there are ten little 'things' that I'm incredibly thankful for. They're the kids of my brothers and sisters, but I kind of think of them as my own. 


Every time I return home, I'm so thankful that my kiddos react to me as if I've never left. My heart leaps when they run out of the house, whooping and hollering, just as excited to see me as I am to see them. I love seeing them clamber all over Chris and watch him as their uncle. I can't wait for the day when he gets to hold his own kiddos. 

I've been an auntie for 13 years (holy cow, can't believe my oldest niece is 13 years old-- I remember that day when I sat in 6th grade homeroom waiting for her birth!) and I think it's one of my very favorite roles to play in life. My heart is at its happiest when I'm squished into bed with 3 kiddos listening to me read books, or sitting at the breakfast table discussing life with my 4 year old niece. I don't have the privilege of being a mama just yet, but boy, do I love being an auntie to these kids. Shoot, now I'm gonna get all blubbery cuz I have to wait another 6 months before I can see them. 

Can't wait to hear about your little things! Link 'em on up! 

party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).






Comments

  1. Just from looking at these pics I think you two are going to make amazing parents =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaawww - you guys are gonna be the coolest parents ever! love these photos, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable, I totally know the feeling! Although my nieces/nephews aren't as numerous...we don't live near them and I always LOVE seeing them. It's so fun to watch my husband with them too, so glad you got to spend some quality time with that cute bunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are precious photos! You two are gonna ROCK at being parents someday! :)

    ♥Samarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stinkin' adorable. Love this post! You guys are going to be the best parents, too! I hope you have 10 kids of your own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lindsay!
    Welcome back - I am enjoying reading your posts about your trip to MD and all the baby smooshing going on! How are you and Chris not parents yet? You guys look like naturals in these photos. :)

    I know how hard it is to spend time with family (and new babies) only to have to say goodbye and then begin a countdown until you can see them again (I just did that in August with my niece and nephew), so I totally "get" the blubbering. Six months will go by quickly...just you wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! You've got such a big, beautiful family!! All those little babies make me miss my little 18 month old nephew back in the states. So happy you got to spend some time loving on their sweet faces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a beautiful family!!! Great pictures. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww! This makes me want kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, this is so adorable! I love my little kiddos, my nieces & nephews. It's fun to be an auntie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How stinking cute!!! And it's funny, you and I were both Aunts in 6th grade for the first time. My nephew was born on the day of the high school prom, in our school district, we had the day off so I got to sit in the waiting room of the hospital waiting for him to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing is better than time with family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are precious! i bet you are the best aunt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i found your blog through another blog I follow. i have family in hawaii and did some growing up there. i have cousins who own a coffee place in kailua called Chadlou's. You should check it out! anyway, happy to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have SUCH a beautiful family, love!! have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't being an auntie awesome? I love it. I only have one niece so far but am excited to have more, and hopefully kids of our own some day! Great post and cute kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy for you and your trip back home! Such an awesome family, I love hearing you talk about all the love! You are one wonderful auntie to those kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts