sunset surf session.


The other night, Chris and I walked out to one of his favorite surf spots to try out my new zoom lens. It's right by the Honolulu airport and to get out there, we walked about 2 miles on a long, long, looong (long) path along the runway, out to a rock jetty. 

The sunset was gorgeous and it was so peaceful to sit out there, alone, save for Chris in the water in front of me, and planes taking off and landing behind me. 

As we walked out, after about a mile, I found myself thinking, this is NOT worth the hike to get out here. And then as I sat there, basking in the sunset, feeling the warm breeze, I thought, this is SO worth it. And then, as we trudged back to the car in the dark, I thought, this is NOT worth it. 

And now, after looking at the pictures again, I think we should go back next week. :)







bee tee dubs, believe it or not, I do surf. I just haven't convinced Chris to stay on the shore lately to get any photos of me. Soon though, I hope. No one will believe me otherwise, right? ;) 

lindsay

Comments

  1. So envious! These shots are beautiful. I've always wanted to learn how to surf. Definitely on my bucket list! I just need an ocean... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lindsay, these shots are stunning! That light is quite mesmerising. I can totally sympathise over the trek to get there though - I would have felt the same! Seeing these amazing pictures makes me so impatient to get my camera and start learning how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pictures!! I grew up near Santa Cruz and always wanted to learn how to surf. May have to add it to my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm with you in the end...so worth it. gorgeous pictures! wowza!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, I think we need some surf video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So worth it!! :)
    These are beautiful photos, lindsay!
    PS I have always wanted to lean how to surf!! It looks like such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. These photos are GORGEOUS. Just came across your blog and am loving it already :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I think if I show these to my hubby he may be convinced I need a new lens too (to get better surf shots, of course!) ;)

    I just wanted to say "aloha" - I found your blog recently and it reminds me of the time we were stationed on the Big Island... we were there our first year of marriage. It was a wonderful time and I think I have missed it every day of the four years since!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sunset! It's as if the Heavens opened up and smiled down on you and Chris. I would gladly trade your sunset over the ocean for these falling leaves on the ground :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. surfing...as the sun sets....in Hawaii?! you guys live the life :) your pics took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. My gosh, those pictures could be put on postcards! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photos, you so lucky to live in such a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness, that looks fantastic. What a beautiful sunset. How fun to be living there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please stop posting such amazing photos of Hawaii... it makes me ache to be there! ;) Seriously, these are really great!

    Do you like your new lens? I want a zoom so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures! I've never surfed in my life and I can imagine I'd look pretty stupid doing it. My props to you guys :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts